LegacyGT.com

2005 and later Legacy and Outback owners: Tearing control arm bushings?

lgt_nube

Yakker ,

You said spec B bushings are they different than the GT's? I have a 06 spec B and it looks to me like my bushing is cracking there I assumed we had the same ones until I read your post.

TIA,

Anthony

Good question. You would think the performance version would get more robust components where possible.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only asked because Yakker specifically mentioned ordering the spec b bushing for his GT I find this strange b/c I thought we had the same bushing and I am actually worried my bushing is cracked and in need of replacement

I only asked because Yakker specifically mentioned ordering the spec b bushing for his GT I find this strange b/c I thought we had the same bushing and I am actually worried my bushing is cracked and in need of replacement

Exactly. Why replace a bad part with another bad part?

I believe the spec B and current WRX are the same bushing, a quick call to the Subie dealer will confirm. If they are different you can use current WRX bushings or go to group N which can be purchased through Rallispec. I used the group N becuase they were more stiff than the WRX bushings. While you are replaceing the LCA bushing, besure to replace the smaller front bushing with either group N or current WRX. The LGT bushing is very compliant.

Yakker ,

You said spec B bushings are they different than the GT's? I have a 06 spec B and it looks to me like my bushing is cracking there I assumed we had the same ones until I read your post.

TIA,

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I was told the Spec B bushings "might" be different than the Legacy stockers. I did not confirm this since the part I ordered was not the correct bushing to begin with. The vendor and I were talking about two different bushings. I gave up the Spec B search, and was able to track down a set of non-offset SuperPro bushings from another vendor. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found them, but they have been working well with no tears for over a year.

I believe the spec B and current WRX are the same bushing, a quick call to the Subie dealer will confirm. If they are different you can use current WRX bushings or go to group N which can be purchased through Rallispec. I used the group N becuase they were more stiff than the WRX bushings. While you are replaceing the LCA bushing, besure to replace the smaller front bushing with either group N or current WRX. The LGT bushing is very compliant.

I was just doing some research into the front (smaller) bushings. Whiteline looks to have a poly replacement for the Legacy now.

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=W0506

i think that is a different bushing probably goes in the place where the re is a vertical pivot point.. I replaced all control arm bushings in my supra and that is mainly what they looked like.

I really dont hink taht could fit where our large bushing is that tears any bushing replacing that one would have to fill the id of the hole one way or another

Hi Anthony,

I was told the Spec B bushings "might" be different than the Legacy stockers. I did not confirm this since the part I ordered was not the correct bushing to begin with. The vendor and I were talking about two different bushings. I gave up the Spec B search, and was able to track down a set of non-offset SuperPro bushings from another vendor. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found them, but they have been working well with no tears for over a year.

They are different. They are same as on 08+ STI. Seem to be touch stiffer and less prone to tearing.

FWIW, I gave up on looking for non-offset bushings and ordered a set of Spec B bushings from www.subarupartswarehouse.com . I'll report back and let you guys know if there is actually any difference from the cracking tennis ball versions. For $40, it's a cheap shot in the dark.

I would have gone with the AVO offsets, but my OBXTs wheels have no room in the well to move further forward since the wheel/tire combo fills more of the gap in the well, and the wheels have a forward well bias to begin with.

You can try these from Perrin:

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/743/Anti-Lift-Kit-PSRS-ALK-Zero-Deg-

Regarding our Outbacks...I read that we have spacers in the LCA bushing mounts (to add height?) but apparently these are still compatible.

You can try these from Perrin:

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/743/Anti-Lift-Kit-PSRS-ALK-Zero-Deg-

Regarding our Outbacks...I read that we have spacers in the LCA bushing mounts (to add height?) but apparently these are still compatible.

That looks like a fine product and I really don't want to change the caster settings on my car. They are pricey compared with stock, but is their a discount source in lieu of ordering directly from Perrin?

Archived