LegacyGT.com

power steering going

my car is rounding 50k and my power steering has been sticking and tonight turning arround it started leaking about 5 mins later i had no steering unles i had the car reving anyone else with steering issuse. going to take a look tommorow hopeing it is just a leak.

it is leaking last night i added another a bottle of fluid it completely drained going to the shop on monday. has anyone every used the stop leak fluid. not a fan but if it works.

it is leaking last night i added another a bottle of fluid it completely drained going to the shop on monday. has anyone every used the stop leak fluid. not a fan but if it works.

I would not recommend the stop a leak fluid... I had a problem similar to yours. I had a leaky steering rack so I had to get the whole thing replaced. Not sure if that's what's up with yours but good luck with that.

I don't see why you couldn't swap one in. It should mount exactly the same.

OH... and I'll add....NEVER... NEVER turn the wheel all the way to the stop and hold it there. It is very bad for the pump and rack seals. Hanger... If yours is squeeling when you do this... don't do it. ;)

FWIW... I've got 70K on my '05 with no issues what so ever.

Because you're dead-heading the pump, causing it to cavitate.

This puts excess pressure on all of the lines, o-rings, and seals and causes excessive wear on the pump internals.

just got my car back from getting the steering rack replaced the borla headers is what caused the prolbem they are too close to the return line on the rack that it actually wore a hole in the line, from accelerating and romping on the throttle when the motor rocks it hits. if you are running borla's get under your car and check for clearence.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived