LegacyGT.com

Modified JDM Outback..Sweet

pachilla

Yeah I've been looking at the G-Games Sidewinder (a.k.a. 77 Series) and they look fairly close. I think botbs is the guy you're thinking of with the G-Games. He has them on a red LGT and they look good. Didn't think they where the ones as they don't come in bronze and have small holes drilled between each lug recess.

Edit: Thanks Mines. I'm guessing the availability is basically nil and if they are available they are probably a mint.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Hey Mines they are Sport Technics and the wheels are a custom colored set of 18" Mono 10 Advantage in most likely a 45mm offset. I've been looking around but I'd guessing US distrobution of Sport Technics in general is somewhat limited. Any idea what it would take to get a set?
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

is it worth it to get something that nice in Taiwan? Don't want to see it get bumped into, scratched up, and cracked, its ganna be painful, seriously, people in Taiwan, gatta respect other people's car more. :(

Rules for keeping your car nice and shiny

1. Don't park in the street

2. Don't park in the street

3. Don't park in the street

If you get a scratch, its about $80 USD to paint a bumper. I already have the rear bumper repainted by the Subaru Factory Shop for $150.

Rules for keeping your car nice and shiny

1. Don't park in the street

2. Don't park in the street

3. Don't park in the street

If you get a scratch, its about $80 USD to paint a bumper. I already have the rear bumper repainted by the Subaru Factory Shop for $150.

:lol:

But living in Taipei, that's almost impossible.

South Coast Subaru l Firestone of Rowland Heights l Yimi Sport l Koyorad

I got scratches on the side from parking in crowded supermarket lots. Bastards jack-up cars in the U.S. as well.

K2 Gear has some bad-ass accessories, wish the prices were less. Might have something to do with the weak U.S. dollar right now?

• 2 weeks later...
Outback "flares" are useless.. I know because I have them on my Outback...

On a sports car, fenders are flared to provide clearance for the tire upon compression of the spring. The "flares" on the outback provide a wheel well that is no wider than that on the Legacy.

Sticking something on to the outside of the fender does not give you more clearance inside... :lol:

But just in almost all motorsport applications, Fenderflares are put on, so you can chop in real fender. This allows a wider tire. This is why I would contimplate the project.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

Go~Rilla: The short answer.

Part numbers: Go on any replacement part site look up Outback and trim pieces and there you go.

Adding the rest of the pieces: You can't. They don’t exist.

Fender flares in motorsports: You're half right but it still won't work on your car like you'd want it to.

For more information continue below.

WARNING: RANT FOLLOWS!!!

Yes I know I got a little carried away but I was bored and just kept typing.

I'm sure there is someone out there to prove this all wrong but I'm pretty sure I got most of it right.

All of the stuff pictured in this thread is one-off show pieces custom made by K2 with no production counterparts of any kind so short of shipping your car to Japan and contracting K2 to do the work you're out of luck. You could, however, buy the stock Outback flares and other miscellaneous body kit pieces that look similar to those pictured and Bondo the crap out of it to make it blend right.

As for fender flares, the way people use them in motorsports is they set the suspension so the tire can't travel up into the wheel well by configuring it to bottom out before a wider tire would normally make contact with the fender. Typically the flare allows for a larger diameter tire as well as a wider one and the fender is actually cut around the inside of the flare. A great example of this are the mini's pictured below. Notice how the wheels are so wide there is no way they could ever fit inside the wheel well.

http://www.shengineering.co.uk/img/motorsport/misc/orangemini_1_40.jpg

The Outback "flares" could do this for you but you'll have to have suspension you can make bottom out before the wheel would make contact with the fender. By doing this you'll lose all your usable suspension travel (e.g. it's meant for race cars) or you'll be riding as high as a stock Outback to get some of that travel back. Unlike the flares you are thinking of, the ones on the Outback are contuored to fit against the wheel well and the slight bulge of the Legacy quater panels so you can't just reposition the flares higher on the car and cut the panel out inside of them to get to a more reasonable ride height while still maintaining suspension travel.

The more traditional way for we mortals, those without a factory team sponsorship, to get away with wider tires on a road car with a decent ride height is to roll the fenders like Xenonk (a.k.a. Keefe) has done to fit his wheels or put tons of negative camber on which causes other problems. The way to get even wider wheels under with usable suspension, like most racing teams do, is to actually bend out the quarter panels (i.e. make the car into a wide body) so the wider wheel will be able to travel into the wheel well without making contact with the fender when the suspension compresses, therefore keeping the ride height low but sill maintaining suspension travel. Granted a wide-body is a lot easier to make when you can just have wider fenders built to handle wider wheels rather than making them out of the stock ones already on your car but to my knowledge no one actually produces wide fenders for the Legacy unless you can find a Legacy S402 in Japan to strip the body panels from.

An easy comparison of a wide-body to a standard design is Subaru's '08 STi versus the standard Impreza. The STi has entirely different quarter panels that are physically wider not just paste on fender flares. These make it so the STi can run 8.5” tires versus the standard 6.5” and still maintain decent suspension travel. Porsche does this with their performance trim lines as well. So if you compare the R versions or the rear tires of the S versions to the standard model the physical fenders are wider to accommodate the wider tires. Rarely does anyone just use flares unless it's for show w/o functionality (e.g. the blue K2 show queen in this thread) or race aplications where suspension travel is minimal to begin with.

• 3 years later...

OLD thread but was looking at that black car in the OP. Man that looks like an outback with that front end.

If you look real close the headlights between the blue one and the black one look different.

I know on the V2, 2008 spec B and friend of mine is working on, he got the S402 bumper and the headlights were different. He also found out obviously the front fenders are different.

The black car though looks V1 to me, wonder if there is a way to get a hold of this company.

Be pretty cool to put that front end on my 2005 XT (STI swapped) to go along with my JDM rear bumper

Yes, the black one is a V1 Outback.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived