LegacyGT.com

Modified JDM Outback..Sweet

pachilla

I never knew K2 Gear tried modding an outback!! but that blue one is REALLY Really dope. i'm thinking are those custom fenders as well? cause if they are, they match the legacy really well and could be the solution for future wide fenders for wider tires! or is it really an outback with the wide parts on the door stripped off or door swapped...

but real DOPE nonetheless.

It's probably an Outback only thing since I think our wheel wells have different diameters from the LGT.

The blue color is nice but I like the black one. Did they just do the front bumper on the black one because the wheel well trim and side skits look like stock?

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

I never knew K2 Gear tried modding an outback!! but that blue one is REALLY Really dope. i'm thinking are those custom fenders as well? cause if they are, they match the legacy really well and could be the solution for future wide fenders for wider tires! or is it really an outback with the wide parts on the door stripped off or door swapped...

but real DOPE nonetheless.

The front bumper was originally intended for Legacy and was modified to match the stock Outback's fender flair.

I am planning to get this front end for my Outback....

More Pictures:

http://www.k2k2.jp/sample-bp-earoD-0612-01.htm

http://www2.ezbbs.net/33/k2gear/img/1206867965_1.jpghttp://www2.ezbbs.net/33/k2gear/img/1206084366_1.jpg

so sick

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

So the wheel well flares are stock?

On the blue one they also changed up the side skirts and removed the lower trim pieces along the doors. I wonder if you loose the fogs?

looks like the flares are stock on outbacks, checked the suby usa main website

Ok from looking through the main K2 site and translating the ezbbs.net site that the pictures are from with Babel Fish, it seems that the blue one is actually an LGT with the wide body kit that K2 is developing for the 07-08 model. You can also tell from the lack of lower side trim as they probably would have kept it to denote it being an Outback, the lack of mud flaps and the biggest give away is probably the larger brakes as the JDM Outbacks still have the same puny brakes we have in the US (just compare the black and blue photos keep in mind it's a 17" rim vs an 18").

As for the black one it is an Outback but is what seems to be the initial production of what may be a limited release for Outbacks from K2. It doesn't seem to be an actual production unit and I think they may be planning to do more than just the front bumper but that's all they have so far.

On a side note anyone have any idea what the wheels are on the blue one?

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

Ok from looking through the main K2 site and translating the ezbbs.net site that the pictures are from with Babel Fish, it seems that the blue one is actually an LGT with the wide body kit that K2 is developing for the 07-08 model. You can also tell from the lack of lower side trim as they probably would have kept it to denote it being an Outback, the lack of mud flaps and the biggest give away is probably the larger brakes as the JDM Outbacks still have the same puny brakes we have in the US (just compare the black and blue photos keep in mind it's a 17" rim vs an 18").

As for the black one it is an Outback but is what seems to be the initial production of what may be a limited release for Outbacks from K2. It doesn't seem to be an actual production unit and I think they may be planning to do more than just the front bumper but that's all they have so far.

On a side note anyone have any idea what the wheels are on the blue one?

Obviously the K2 molded their "wide body flair kit' using stock Outback flairs and modified by removing the lower trim portion. The stock Outback flairs are the best template source possible.

The black one had the standard K2 front bumper kit modified by a body shop who added body filler to the wheel well portion to emulate the wide body effect.

http://www2.ezbbs.net/33/k2gear/img/1207724782_3.jpg

Couldn't you roll the inner fender, as long as you don't compromise the mounting surface for the flares? I can't wait until the Legacy is no longer my daily driver so I can do an engine rebuild and custom bodywork in my free time. Well, I guess I can wait because I enjoy it as-is! :lol:

Hey sebberry and underdog if you want to see a true wide body LGT check out the picture posted above by pachilla. It and the black one on the front page are actually two entirely different cars. The one above is an LGT that has had its fenders rolled and the standard K2 front bumper modified to blend. If you look at the picture the car has a bug deflector on it and no discernable seam on the quarter panel where the Outback flares would attach. Plus here is a link to the page were all this stuff originated and even if you can't read Japanese you can understand what they are doing through the picture progression http://www2.ezbbs.net/33/k2gear/ (hint: the newest post is at the top)

Also if anyone has any idea what the wheels are on the blue car on the first page please let me know. Thanks.

are the wheels on the blue leggy Ray's G-Games? i think someone on this board has that rim but not in such a good offset. i can't remember which type of G-Games rim, but it should be that series.

Archived