LegacyGT.com

AUS MY08 Liberty GT tuned by sti #001/250 pics

GTSPECB STI

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly think Australia doesn't deserve the Tuned by STI brand... but then again.... SOA sucks something awful for not bringing the Tuned by STI here sooner than they have.

Saying that, I can't imagine spending $50k+ for a car. Soon, the wait will be over though..... soon.....

On the left? That's a paddle shifter. It looks odd because of the position of the steering wheel and the camera angle.

Same as the USDM 2008 in 5EAT basically, maybe a tad longer.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/chrisgemail/DSCF0423.jpg

^^ USDM 2008 in Automatic

I would think with most of it being electrical (paddle shifters, radio controls, etc.) it would be a matter of wiring. Obviously you wouldn't have a functional S# button or anything.

Although I can't say for sure having minimal knowledge of wiring, but that would be my guess.

I honestly think Australia doesn't deserve the Tuned by STI brand... but then again.... SOA sucks something awful for not bringing the Tuned by STI here sooner than they have.

Saying that, I can't imagine spending $50k+ for a car. Soon, the wait will be over though..... soon.....

let me give you a hint SWP...AUS Legacy = made in Japan and USDM Legacy = made in Indiana. :lol:

What if every other car in it's class were priced similarly and your income/taxation situation were different.

VAT, and other differences make evaluation solely on the exchange rate impossible.

Sure my conclusion is based on the exchange rate. I'm pointing out that SOJ brings out cars that would sell like hotcakes here in the US.

If I were making enough money to buy a $60k+ Subaru in Australia, then maybe.

The spec B is not breathed on by STI.

If it had Brembos and wider tires, or WR Blue paint it would be getting closer. 300hp might be a better indicator of a move toward STI.

Spec B is a barely breathed-on GT Limited, not a descendant of STI.

IWSS - the "tuned by STi" Liberty (or JDM Legacy) do not have any increased power from the LGT. The brakes are very nice and they have much better color choices, but you might be selling the spec.B a bit short here. It does, after all, have the STi 6-speed manual, which is a nice unit, speaking as someone who drives both the 5mt and 6mt every couple of days, at least.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Tuned By STI has STI exhaust, Springs, and anti-roll bars, BBS wheels, Brembo brakes, ROW McIntosh sound systems, black headliner (and sadly, no sunroof IIRC). There could be other STI catalog options on the car, as well. The Exhaust, Brakes, and uprated suspension parts are not really easily overlooked considering the soft-ish roll and braking characteristics of the USDM Legacy.

That is all above and beyond the Spec B, as well as more than gray paint options.

The Spec B's 6-speed transmission does not make it an STI. Not even a "Tuned By". I know it isn't a slouch of a transmission, but I don't think it has identical ratios, and it certainly doesn't have STI's DCCD.

I wish it were. Then maybe it would be more popular, and raise some eyebrows of people who have never heard of a turbocharged Subaru Legacy...

IWSS - the "tuned by STi" Liberty (or JDM Legacy) do not have any increased power from the LGT.

Incorrect DT, kw and Nm are both increased with Tuned by sti model for 2007 & 2008 models here

The Liberty GT tuned by STi includes:

• Increased power now up to 194kW with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions
  • Increased torque for improved responsiveness through the rev range
  • 12 spoke 18” STI ENKEI alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero Rosso tyres
  • Enhanced STI aerodynamics package including STI front lip spoiler and rear spoiler
  • Limited edition badges with STI insignia, on engine cover and boot lid
  • Manual transmission vehicles feature an STI short shift gear lever, for smooth, crisp gear changes
  • Dual low back-pressure STI twin tip mufflers for a throaty exhaust note
  • STI Brembo performance brakes upgrade including STI stainless mesh brake hoses
  • Sporty black leather with embroidered STI stitching interior trim with red luminescent instrument cluster

Incorrect DT, kw and Nm are both increased with Tuned by sti model for 2007 & 2008 models here

The Liberty GT tuned by STi includes:

• Increased power now up to 194kW with a new STI Engine Control Unit tested and developed by STI for Australian conditions

<enter redneck mode> What? kW? The Liberty is powered by a lightbulb?<exit redneck mode>

What does the 194 kW translate to? I thought the 2007 Liberty GT Tuned by STi had the same power as the 2007 JDM Legacy 2.0 GT? Given, that's more power than our USDM Legacy GTs, but did I miss something? Are the Australian models using the 2.5 block?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived