LegacyGT.com

Uh oh! Most fastArest SRT-4!

Guest JessterCPA

Guest JessterCPA

Hey all, saw these pics of the new SRT-4 ACR over at VWVortex. Limited production to 1000 or so.

http://www.lake-effect-racing.com/ebbtide/img/1.jpg

http://www.lake-effect-racing.com/ebbtide/img/IMG_1050.jpg

http://www.lake-effect-racing.com/ebbtide/img/IMG_1053.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What makes the ACR special?

If its like the Viper that was made with a similiar acronym then its most likely has a little more power, a little lighter, obvioulsy comes with special wheels and most likely some stiffer spring rates and other little tweaks, basically more of a "track" oriented car.

Song of Post- Sublime- Raleigh Soliloguy Pt. III

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Guest JessterCPA
Those are some TINY BBS wheels, but if it's anything like the previous gen ACR Neons, it might actually handle well...

Didnt they have an amateur racing series based upon the Neon ACR?

Those are some TINY BBS wheels, but if it's anything like the previous gen ACR Neons, it might actually handle well...

This is true that car really was a vast improvement of the standard Neon of the time, and yes I believe they did have a racing series based on the car tht I remember even watching a few races of.

Song of Post- Dispatch- The General

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

i despise neons..specially the SRT's all of those guys think they are the stuff..grr
You'd be surprised. My dad has an SRT-4. When it connects, my butt dyno says it will walk my LGT.

Yes, I am aware connecting in that car is near-impossible. But my point is simply not to underestimate them.

-Casey

You sound like a Rx-8er..... :D

LOL.....I meant the reverse. The speed of the SRT-4 doesn't justify it's existence. Who cares if it is fast. It's a Neon. SRT-4 drivers are one step below Camaro drivers on the ego scale. Who cares if you can go fast....it's a POS and ugly to boot.

BTW - I have never owned a 'fast' car....LGT is my first. I always worried about handling as the #1 priority right above luxury features.

LOL.....I meant the reverse. The speed of the SRT-4 doesn't justify it's existence. Who cares if it is fast. It's a Neon. SRT-4 drivers are one step below Camaro drivers on the ego scale. Who cares if you can go fast....it's a POS and ugly to boot.

BTW - I have never owned a 'fast' car....LGT is my first. I always worried about handling as the #1 priority right above luxury features.

Well then the 8 would have been right up your alley! :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I like it, and depending on its price I probably would have considered it along with the LGT -- for different reasons, of course.

FWD is far from ideal but with a stock LSD and the right tires, it can be tolerable. If they'd offer that model with a tad nicer interior trim and 4 actual power windows, it'd be a winner. The engine is clearly where they spent all the money on that platform. I never would have expected a domestic automaker to over-engineer one so much.

Well then the 8 would have been right up your alley! :lol:

I like the car and the concept, just never considered it due to Ford/Mazda build quality. My buddy got me interested in the RX cars way back: http://www.marcelodelcanto.com . That car scared the crap out of me. PF himself used to be a customer of mine, as he is local. First class AH, but you can't argue with his products. :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
I wouldn't mind picking one up used in a few years. I like the SRT alot. I dont know why everyone talks about them all the time. I am tired of hearing how AWD turns mere mortals in to Gods. :lol:

It'd better be cheap if you pick one up used- it'll need a lot of work with all the teenagers beating the piss out of these things. Good thing you're a runner- you may need to be if you buy a used SRT4 :lol:

they are fast..go to almost any forum of cars that are in the competition with the SRT and there will be PLENTY of neon trolls to tell you haw aresome those SRT's are..i wouldnt despise them so much if the people i have encountered that drive them are douches

Archived