LegacyGT.com

It's here! Double din dash kit with dual zone CC

Fosgate

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like my crappy timing comes into play again. :lol: I bought one of the last Group Buys you did the day before this thread was made. lol.

Its sort of a hit or miss. We are not sure if it is even compatible at all. As for now, our own bezel/hvac mod will still be available.

I posted in this thread to put out information that we have one of these and we are trying to decipher it. By no means have we determined when it will be available or if its possible to be modded for our use.

Its an idea.. and hopefully an idea that turns into reality. Not only will the user be happy, we will be too. :D

Yeah. I kinda wish that Highline had mentioned that they were working on the new one when I bought it. :(

I did not mention it because it is not available nor was the setup here. We just received the bezel last night. When we got word that the bezel was coming, thats when I posted in this thread.

You purchased an in-stock item (which will be shipped tomorrow btw) that is available. Our idea about the JDM setup would be lovely... if it works. Our bezel/hvac mod works and is available now. Please contact me if you have any other questions/comments. Here to answer them :).

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey wait a sec that install looks really familar.........like what I see in my dash everday:lol::lol::lol:

biz is right though the JDM vents do not fit correctly. Which is only a minor inconvience but I still plan do getting the HCA mod done when I have the money.

You guys do realize that the center stack is not completely symmetrical and cramming this into the dash will likely leave gaps in some spots and be too tight in other spots.

By the way, no one has ever thought of this before:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55347

Here is a picture of the JDM center vent assembly installed into a USDM car. Notice the bottom left corner will not seat into the opening and there is a nice gap on the bottom right.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a41/googalash/Car/DSC00989.jpg

I realize that this isn't the main center stack you are looking at, but trust me the cars are not symmetrical between RHD and LHD. Even if you get the electronics to work the unit will not fit without custom cosmetic work.

yeah well lets just say i bought that whole little kit thing......... open for double din. not big enough. so i had to trim that. second the hazard button could not be placed back in cuz it hits a mounting bracket behind it. third there is a big gap between the trim an the piece installed. and last but not least since its so snugg my ashtray pocket doesnt open.

• 11 years later...

The ebay ad has photos of 2DIN installs with electronic climate control.

In my 05, the climate control circuit board extends all the way up into the 2DIN opening, so you can't install a 2DIN stereo unless you're willing to cut the circuit board in half and jumper all of the connections between the two halves of the circuit board (like 20 or 30 if I remember right).

Is the 08 different in that regard?

• 1 month later...

I have two 08's one spec b one lgt I'm working on right now. Contemplating keeping the nav unit or at least the dash trim for it on the one I'll be keeping. I'm also looking into the clock relocate and this trim for a double din. I'm not a huge fan of having to buy the jdm kit and have stuff backwards. I can maybe check the 08's but I assumed they were all one unit on usdm. I'd rather split circuit boards and see how that goes even if it's an option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk