LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pay the 150-175 and get an ap/opensource e-tune..... that 150 goes a long way, there are plenty of e-tuners on this site, look ones right there, Mcdowell . Otherwise you run the risk of damaging your engine which will cost 2k+ for a shortblock alone. Its so f'n easy.. just pay the 150 and be safe.

I'd bet money that he doesn't have a tuner.

Yes, I do have a tuner. I'm on a break in map for my extensive mods. I'm not dumb enough to risk my built motor over not having a proper tune.

Pay the 150-175 and get an ap/opensource e-tune..... that 150 goes a long way, there are plenty of e-tuners on this site, look ones right there, Mcdowell . Otherwise you run the risk of damaging your engine which will cost 2k+ for a shortblock alone. Its so f'n easy.. just pay the 150 and be safe.

I know, I'm completely aware that it's ridiculous to risk my motor. The thing is I'm planning on going with a new set up in a month or 2 when my car is garaged for the winter. It doesn't seem worth while to pay the 150-175 when in like a month or 2, that map will be useless to me with my new turbo/FMIC/fuel mods. I'm not doing any harm keeping it on the break-in map that I'm on now. The map keeps my car in very low boost and I wish it was faster, but at least it's safe. So I'll probably just wait it out with this map and get a real tune when I've got my new setup.

Question for you guys: I've got a recently built motor in my LGT with a break in map for all my mods (catless, VF52, TGV deletes, etc). It pulls great under moderate boost, but it's never seen more than 6-7 psi, boost target is like 20. When you try to rip on it, it falls on it's face. It suddenly gets week and the wideband goes lean. I have a brand new O2 sensor, so that's not it. I feel like it's tuning/ sensor related.

I looked at my break in map and all the wastegate tables are set to 0. Could this be doing it?

Again, stop trying to "rip on it"

If there is one thing I've learned from turbo Subaru's it's, you gotta pay to play!

Although true, I hate when people say that. I don't even want to add up how much I have into my car. I have way more into the built motor, 6 speed, and brembos than the car itself. But every time I drive it, I love it and money doesn't matter, so I shouldn't complain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Help! Trying to read a map on an 08 LGT, but ecuflash keeps crashing. The green connectors are connected, I turn the key forward, fans are going on and off periodically, and I choose subarucan 07+ as the flash method. Then when I try to read, it says an error has occurred and ecuflash crashes immediately, fans still on. I've read plenty of other maps before, but have never seen this problem.

You don't need the green cables connected on an 08, leave them disconnected.

Yea, I did a little research and read about that. Already tried reading without the connectors, ecuflash still crashes. Any other ideas?

Yea, I did a little research and read about that. Already tried reading without the connectors, ecuflash still crashes. Any other ideas?

Try doing a test write. Also, you're using a Tactix cable, right?

Yep, tactrix 1.3 cable

Is that it, do I need the 2.0 since it's an 07+?

Yes a tactrix 2.0 is needed for the canbus system on 07+ LGT ecu's.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...

Disconnect the OP2 from your laptop. Open ECUflash. Open File > Options. In the Options menu, scroll down to Uploads > Unknown ROMs. Make sure the selection is Never upload.

If you have tried to download an undefined ROM from the car, and ECUflash is set to upload undefined ROMs to the ECUflash site by default, ECUflash will crash. This maybe because you have no internet connection or it may be a bug. I don't know.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...
Does my ECU know what gear I'm in via a sensor or is it calculated based off rpm and vehicle speed? ie: Clutch fully pressed down, does the ECU know the gear immediately or does it not know until the clutch engages?

Does my ECU know what gear I'm in via a sensor or is it calculated based off rpm and vehicle speed? ie: Clutch fully pressed down, does the ECU know the gear immediately or does it not know until the clutch engages?

It's calculated as you think. If you log gear position at a standstill you get nothing. In motion you will see drops to neutral if you shift slowly.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Ugh, not what I wanted to hear. I've got a LWCP and a 6 speed and I was thinking yesterday how much smoother and easier it would be to drive my car with auto rev matching. Shifting would be smooth, downshifting would be perfect every time, and my clutch would love it. I would need a gear indicator sensor to make that work.

• 3 years later...

Archived