LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on an ouback xt ecu using the accesstuner race software, i cant seem to find a fibec( fuel injector boost error compensation) table that the help files talk about.

I was however able to find a "tip in enrichment compensation (boost error)"

is this the same thing? or will it have the same effect?

• 5 weeks later...
Question, so I got my tactrix cable next is just getting a e-tune, however I understand most want a wideband installed.. since the car has a megan racing catles downpipe it has two bungs however the one nearest the turbo is already taken, and the next one is all the way down near the end of the downpipe.. wont that be too far to take the reading? Or maybe I'm just thinking of the EGT in my mind apples to the wideband?

I think I took a picture of it..I guess it's the cars rear 02 sensor? Why so close to turbo? The wire is not long enough to reach all the way under the car http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/01/3797192cee6a251b7b4084c64af7b33f.jpg

The stock one went in the rear! It plugs in on top of the tranny passenger side between middle and front via a bracket, if you remove the intercooler and look on top of tranny you can see the bracket it should go to. I would relook at whats going on there. The front o2 sensor plugs in near the front passenger strut tower. Something isn't right!

Question for you guys: I've got a recently built motor in my LGT with a break in map for all my mods (catless, VF52, TGV deletes, etc). It pulls great under moderate boost, but it's never seen more than 6-7 psi, boost target is like 20. When you try to rip on it, it falls on it's face. It suddenly gets week and the wideband goes lean. I have a brand new O2 sensor, so that's not it. I feel like it's tuning/ sensor related.

I looked at my break in map and all the wastegate tables are set to 0. Could this be doing it?

You're not going to hit more than wastegate spring rate (7-9ish psi) if your wgdc parameters are all set to 0%. Sounds like you're still on the break-in map, or it just needs to be adjusted now.

Yes. Your tuner did it for a reason. Contact your tuner. Stop romping on it.

I babied the new motor for 7-800 miles, so I figured I'd give it a little to see how it feels. That's when I noticed the problem.

You're not going to hit more than wastegate spring rate (7-9ish psi) if your wgdc parameters are all set to 0%. Sounds like you're still on the break-in map, or it just needs to be adjusted now.

Thank you! Glad to know there's no real problem other than the map.

Glad to know there's no real problem other than the map.

That conclusion's a bit premature. The issue is you have a map on with 0 WGDC. No one can tell if you have any other problems without putting on a map that's appropriate for your setup. Again, contact your tuner first.

There are 2 O2 sensors. One front, one rear. Check that you have both of them and make sure they're plugged in the right place. The one in your picture is definitely not in the right place.

When I get a little time today I will show a better picture. . I just don't think it will be long enough to reach the proper spot. And all that heat can't be good

When I get a little time today I will show a better picture. . I just don't think it will be long enough to reach the proper spot. And all that heat can't be good

And thats the problem!! Something can't be right if they can't reach the correct socket. What heat? The picture you showed is where the wideband should go, and if thats your rear o2 sensor it should go in the rear bung and connect on top of the tranny. Your front o2 goes in the exhaust manifold, and the egt goes in the uppipe. Both of those connect at the passenger strut tower.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it safe for me to go ahead and throw the stock wastegate tables into my LGTs break-in map if they're currently all set to 0 and I want to be fast again? It's hard to get a hold of my tuner, that's why I'm asking you guys. Edited by kred