LegacyGT.com

Clearing up all the oil info....

Rotella t6 has been running fantastic in a 148k

+1 on Rotella T6. I clicked into 140k last month. OE turbo.

I also love that I can use it in all my vehicles and can stretch an oil change if I need to. Not to mention, it's fairly cheap and widely available.

+1 on Rotella T6. I clicked into 140k last month. OE turbo.

I also love that I can use it in all my vehicles and can stretch an oil change if I need to. Not to mention, it's fairly cheap and widely available.

Same here.....like Frank's Red Hot......you can put that $hit in everything....even the mower.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Same here.....like Frank's Red Hot......you can put that $hit in everything....even the mower.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I’ve never tried hot sauce for my mower [emoji13]

+1 on rotella t6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
Amsoil already has those additives in it so not me. :)
I use and have been using archoil fuel and oil additives and have had nothing but STELLAR results. Injectors are quieter and gas mpg is up about 2-2.5mpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I use and have been using archoil fuel and oil additives and have had nothing but STELLAR results. Injectors are quieter and gas mpg is up about 2-2.5mpg

Which products have you used from Archoil?

Which products have you used from Archoil?
Archoil

In my other vehicles including the legacy I use :

Ar6200 fuel additive every fill up

Ar9100 friction modifier every oil change

Ar6400-g every 15k or so.

I have also use thier diesel products on my 7.3. it was unable to start below 10° and after religious use, it became the most loyal horse in the stable. Not to mention using the fuel additive in EVERYTHING gasoline like my generator, lawnmower, atv etc. After purchasing the Subaru last month I knew I would use archoil in it as well.ive put 3k on it already and as expected, the results have been great. Unfortunately I don't have any true scientific data to prove any of this, but after consistent use , I'm a believer .

I will have Blackstone oil analysis results before/after use in the next 6k miles for some real data.

Being new to the forum, I thought I would possibly bring a new product to the community to extend the longevity of these awesome cars.

Edited by Spec-Beast

• 5 months later...

Seems a little like the intent is more to suggest that the "trailered to the track" gang should not be using diesel oil? I would imagine those people already know that and would be using something race specific.

I like to believe I understand scientific method (after 9 years in University sciences, I would hope so....), so when I see this, I want data. Oil analysis, wear analysis on test engines!!

Pretty sure that my summer driver GT will continue to be fine on Rotella T6, but I suppose I should put my money where my mouth is and start logging UOAs. It is just a PITA shipping across the border.

Just saying, when I divide the 1 gallon of t6 cost by 4 it comes $8.75. That's about what I pay for Amsoil 5W-40 FS European oil ($8.89). Which after Blackstone Labs told me to leave the oil in till 9000 miles and send in another sample, I think the overall cost is less than t6. I joined Amsoil as a preferred member and use their EA15K13  filters. I place my order on-line and have the oil in two days.  I do oil changes between 7-8000 miles.

My ej257 shortblock has over 150,000 miles on it and has none of the normal Subaru engine noises.

Oh, I just see Walmart has t6 for $25.00 a gallon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

US Prices on oil do not reflect what we pay up here in Canada, unfortunately. Oil filters, for whatever reason are 4x the cost of the same thing across the border. I do not understand.

I should look at Amsoil and Motul as well, but the reality is also that I like to change the oil at least annually, and I don't normally put more than 4-5k KMS on the car each summer. That number will probably decrease when I get the Datto up and running and I have 2 weekend cars.

I think I'd end up throwing away oil that could conceivably be 1/3-1/2 way through it's service interval, but I'm uncomfortable running oil that has sat in the oil pan for 6 months not being used.... 

I probably should just start getting UOAs. Car has ~155k KMS on it, so I expect a few more years of trouble free service. Like, MANY more years, at ~5k kms each summer......

Edited by KZJonny

I have am Still running Amsoil 5w-30 in MY13 N/A legacy and Amsoil 5W-40 MS European oil in my 06 LGT. The car runs so well. I just changed mine and I am using the Tokyo Roki filter cause the EA from Amsoil is out. T6 is a good oil, but there is a reason why Amsoil will not sell to big box stores. I have been a Dealer for years. Also Amsoil price has went up like everything else, so I know how they are able to sell it at such a low cost. Amsoil will not do for reasons I will not go into.

See I’m on the other side of the debate, I switch brands and weights every oil change in my wagon. 5w30, 5w40, 10w30, 0w40 and could care less about the brand or additive packs. As long as I’m always topped off. Also, I’m not the least bit picky about filters. Anything that comes with the current 5qt promo at major retailers. Cheaper the better basically within reason.

And fwiw, I have like 8 years of UOA reports saying things look great. My wagon gets about 19MPG and has almost 198k miles.

I’ve heard of guys running dino oil in their LGT for 200k miles at 3k mile intervals.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:42 PM, BoozeRS05 said:

See I’m on the other side of the debate, I switch brands and weights every oil change in my wagon. 5w30, 5w40, 10w30, 0w40 and could care less about the brand or additive packs. As long as I’m always topped off. Also, I’m not the least bit picky about filters. Anything that comes with the current 5qt promo at major retailers. Cheaper the better basically within reason.

And fwiw, I have like 8 years of UOA reports saying things look great. My wagon gets about 19MPG and has almost 198k miles.

I’ve heard of guys running dino oil in their LGT for 200k miles at 3k mile intervals.

I used to do that also. But since HAMMERDOWN had good luck with Amsoil, I followed. I even used Rotella t5 15-40 in the summer time in the wagon back before 2012. Used Fram filters all the time too. Consumer Reports said they were great filters back in the early 1980's.

• Haha 1

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:42 PM, BoozeRS05 said:

The way you really know is to tear the heads off the motor and then you will tell what oil really does. I tore down my 08 legacy and we could not believe how clean the motor was. It was crazy.  Use what you want and save the money forsure, but I will keep using Amsoil. I have used royal purple, motul, and all other types. 

FWIW, here's the inside of my 150,000 miles engine on Amsoil. I did wipe the bottom of the windage tray before the picture, but you can see the block further up. There were zero particles in the old pan.

DSCN9857.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll be opening my motor eventually, got a replacement short block in my garage already. My plan is to run this motor until it NEEDS to be replaced though, but even at 175k miles I had compression checked and it was 150psi/cylinder.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

For those that don't know, -40C  is the one temp that is equal to -40F.

-26C is -14.8F

That's a good video, thanks for sharing.