LegacyGT.com

'04 Baja Turbo...the ugly duckling

deadlydave

Here are some snaps and info about my Baja Turbo. Even though it's an 04, I am the first 'owner'. The owner of Ruge's subaru used this as his personal vehicle from new until I got it in August, and just ran it with the dealer plates. The mod bug hit me HARD since I had a ton of stuff left over from my '95 Legacy.

Mods:

-Snorkusectomy

-DIY GrilleMod

-Sti 4-pot front brake conversion

-JDM V7 STi wheels

-USDM 2004 STi seats

-Momo Shift Knob

Scheduled Mods:

-VIS prototype CF hood

-Rear 06-07 WRX 2-pot brakes

-Open-source tune

-Aftermarket panel air filter of some variety

-Bed cover

-DIY mudflaps

http://dave.phpwerx.net/photos/bajaturbo/800x600/stiseats.JPG

http://dave.phpwerx.net/photos/bajaturbo/800x600/front.JPG

http://dave.phpwerx.net/photos/bajaturbo/800x600/sidebridge2.JPG

Sorry for the quality, this one is with the new wheels.

http://photos-027.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v162/8/47/178300027/n178300027_30073512_216.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! I've been meaning to learn more about these cars, as a friend of mine has one of these and is interested in getting more power out of it.

What engine is in it?

2.0, 2.2, or 2.5L?

And what turbo?

I assume the headers and uppipe are compatible with the WRX/STI/LGT?

Is the downpipe compatible with any other Subarus?

Have you verified that you can tune it with Enginuity & the Tactrix cable? I seem to recall reading about Baja definitions in the last XML update...

Nice! I've been meaning to learn more about these cars, as a friend of mine has one of these and is interested in getting more power out of it.

What engine is in it?

2.0, 2.2, or 2.5L?

And what turbo?

I assume the headers and uppipe are compatible with the WRX/STI/LGT?

Is the downpipe compatible with any other Subarus?

Have you verified that you can tune it with Enginuity & the Tactrix cable? I seem to recall reading about Baja definitions in the last XML update...

2.5L w/ TD04. Headers are the the same. DP is the same.

i thought he had a snorkel for fording rivers

3 ox have drowned and you have dysentary

:lol:

I love it. I always though one of those in yellow would be bad ass with some serious power given to it. Although I'm sure there is a forum for them. The problems you'd run into with one of these is the 4 speed tranny.

wow, this thread exploded. Thanks for the comments guys.

I Definitely will be doing some sort of drop in the future, and again, I will be putting the proper-sized tires on it. Right now it has LGT tires on those wheels.

I autocrossed it once, Cossey on here has seen it in all it's body-rolling glory.

Yes, the 3-colors look is kind of distracting, but in person, when it's clean, it looks pretty good. I don't want to paint the v7's silver, but the amount of time and money to take off the silver trim and spray it makes that route prohibitive. And the multicolored look will only be compounded by the CF hood coming this spring. :-/ Perhaps i'd be willing to trade the V7's for '04 STi BBS's in silver.

Mine does have the 5MT...not all of them were autos. The model was just called the Baja "turbo"...we didn't get the kewl XT moniker. And there are some forums for this, but most of them are dying, and I'm always up for meeting a new group of people.

i thought he had a snorkel for fording rivers

:lol:

I love it. I always though one of those in yellow would be bad ass with some serious power given to it. Although I'm sure there is a forum for them. The problems you'd run into with one of these is the 4 speed tranny.

id go the opposite, use that AWD to its full potential. you should lift it, a LSD up front (is ther one in the rear already?), and put some bigger meats on those rims and get you a brush guard

LOL :lol: those were the days.....

I think the baja is a cool car. Im with whoever said it I wouldnt slam a baja i'd look for a stiffer suspension that stays the same ride height or goes up and use that AWD to the fullest.

Archived