LegacyGT.com

my new 08 OB in bronze/gold two tone

soldierguy

Interesting combination. Congratulations!

X

LOL! I like the way you put that!

I found my OB by looking at dealer inventories online looking for a 2.5i with a manual transmission. Found a dealer with two, both listed as deep bronze metallic (no mention of them being two-tone), so I asked for a price quote and told them when I'd go by to look.

When I got there, I was disappointed...my first impression of the two-tone was not good. But it has grown on me, and I like it more every day. I'm glad I ended up with this color combo...not very common, and it looks great to me now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the positive comments!

I need to get some new pics, but the weather has been lousy and cold so I haven't washed it in a week. I had the windows tinted, installed a hitch, had a clear bra installed, and pulled the crossbars off until I need them. The hitch is the Subaru hitch, and the windows were done at 35% on the back doors and cargo area windows. 35% isn't very dark at all, but I wanted some tint that I could see through at night when backing up, and I didn't want tint on the front side windows, also for night visibility. I had a car once with 20% tint all around, and I ended up pulling it off the front side windows because I couldn't see out the sides at night...drove me nuts!

This Saturday it goes to a stereo shop for some Boston SL speakers and a JL Audio amp! It'll be great to have better sound quality!

I think that color combination is very classy - way better together than they would be separately and gives the car a very upscale, sophisticated look to it. Imagine what it'll look like with a deep, deep wax finish. Enjoy all the compliments I'm sure you're going to get.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
Im digging the tail lights!!!

You guys think they will fit my 05 lgt wagon?

They should....they're the exact same shape. Subaru changed 2 things for the 08 taillights: the clear lens for the turn signal paired with an amber bulb (the obvious change), and they also added a small running light to the side of the taillight that is visible only from the side. I know the extra running light comes on with the parking lights and headlights (just like the main red taillight), but I'm not sure if it comes on with the brakelights...probably not, but I'm not sure since whenever I step on the brakes I'm inside the car.

Ok I checked...the extra side light in the taillight is just a marker light that does not come on with the brakes. I snapped a pic...not great quality, but it at least shows where it is at on the taillight. The pic was taken with the parking lights on and no flash on the camera. There's a reflection on the taillight of one of my garage lights...can't do much about that, but again, at least the pic shows where the side marker light is.

198732450_08taillight.JPG.d32741e48681fdf99fca332378411622.JPG

Hey good deal soldier!

Thanks for doing that. The 05's and up wagons have that little side marker light as well....but the JDM tails do not. I want to get some JDM's but I dont want to spend 400 bucks on them. Maybe if I can find some XT tails cheaper I'll throw them on my SWP wagon...but who knows!

Sorry...my mistake. I didn't think the 05-07 tails had the side marker light on them...thought I remembered reading somewhere that they didn't. I've seen the JDM taillights without the side marker lights...maye I got it screwed up in my head and thought the US versions didn't have them either.

Oh well...I learn something new every day!

Cheers!

Archived