LegacyGT.com

Legacy Fuel Pump Assembly w/ Walbro pre-installed $370 shipped/$100 core

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see this the same way I see tuning. Yeah, you can learn to do it yourself and do it cheaper but there's a good chance you'll blow something up. Or you can pay me $300 and make sure it's done right the first time, because of my experience in tuning hundreds of other Subarus.

Last I checked a new fuel pump assembly from the dealer is almost $400. Like I said, there are tutorials out there on how to do it yourself; just like there are tutorials on how to tune. If the price is too high for you I'm not forcing you to buy this. It's simply a service we provide at the lowest price of all the vendors providing it. :)

Well Ill leave it at this:

Tuning is a WHOLE different ball game then putting in a walboro pump in a Legacy Assembly. Last I checked you wouldnt blow your engine if the pump fails.

Tuning a Subaru has NOTHING to do with the mechanics of changing a fuel pump.

Honestly if you were doing the conversion for 200, ie: 100 for Pump, and 100 labor (since I am taking it out of the car and reinstalling it and you are using someone elses used pump assembly) then I think it would be fair.

This is a free market society (for a little longer anyway) and you are right I dont have to pay that much.

All I have been trying to say in this whole thing is I feel almost 200 for the install is a bit too much IMHO. No offense intended.

I hear there are even issues getting the AVO pump to fit and the housing needs modification. I've been doing my research and these guys actually have the best price; although I agree it is a bit much.

Here is the install PDF for the AVO. Looks way more simple than Jon at TDC's instructions for the Walbro. According to AVO's website it is meant to be a more direct replacement.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92240&highlight=fuel+pump+instructions

Here is the install PDF for the AVO. Looks way more simple than Jon at TDC's instructions for the Walbro. According to AVO's website it is meant to be a more direct replacement.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92240&highlight=fuel+pump+instructions

I have read through this before and considered it but people still had problems with it. I'd rather not risk it.

Well Ill leave it at this:

Last I checked you wouldnt blow your engine if the pump fails.

Actually, there are a few tricks involved that COULD cause you to blow your engine if not done correctly. It is possible for the car to run but not properly hold pressure. If you have a big enough turbo to need an upgraded pump on your legacy then the loss in pressure COULD cause you to blow your engine under boost. :)

Basically the same procedure that I used on my Walbro. The only difference in that the Walbro pump needs a little trimming too, where the AVO does not from what I understand.

Let's kick this pig!

After looking at this some more I am going to get the walbro. Its cheaper and it seems the instructions are basically the same as TDC. Really the main difference and it could be a big one is the fact you can reuse the factory O rings.

Dude, stop hijacking our thread, we're trying to sell our modified pumps here not argue over whether you can do it or not or what other shops are doing to modify theirs.

WE don't shave the pumps when we do it, end of story. If you want to start a thread somewhere else and argue about it then just pm adam or i the link and we'd be happy to participate.

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

No problem not wanting to argue just responding to your posts so people are not ill informed.

Remember my first comment was only to the affect that i belive 200 labor is too much for this mod. Thats it end of story. 100 for the pump 100 for labor would be great.

The AVO pump does not just drop in. Revolution is the cheapest company doing the Walbro pump exchange that I could find. Their customer service was everything I could ask for and even refunded some of the shipping since it did not get here in 2 days. I debated about doing it myself and saving some cash but I could not risk the time of my car being down if I did screw up the housing.

End of story...If you think you can do it yourself, go buy a walbro pump and try it yourself. If you dont want to take the risk, Revolution has great customer service and a great product.

Still going off? :lol::rolleyes:

Wow, you are still going off on this?

I'll be ready to order mine next week, guys.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and go back and re read or read for the first time my post that started this discussion. We are only where we are due to the responses from it.

Nothing against their quality of work, or anything like that. In fact I have heard good things about this company and their tuning. That is not what I posted about AT ALL, PERIOD end of story.

So If you cant keep on the topic, which was my response to this vendor's ADVERTISEMENT you might as well not post.

This is not personal, it is just comments on the cost of this conversion.

Oh and by the way I see you agree!

"...although I agree it is a bit much."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for offering this service.

Three quick questions on the product.

Are these fresh, new pump units? If so, what model and output capacity? And if I've overlooked something about this in the post, my apologies.

What is the warranty if the pump unit or the conversion parts fail? Presume 12mo/12K miles, but just need to know what to expect since I'm presuming fresh, new units.

Are you including core shipping for the returned unit? Presume at this price point that you are, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks again.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

The Walbro pumps are new, 255 liters per hour, but the fuel pump assembly they go in are not. If they were brand new from Subaru then the prices would be higher. Shipping the core back to us is your responsibility. We've only had one person to ever return a core for some reason though.

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

And the warranty is?

The walbro fuel pump itself has a 1 year manufacturers warranty. I've only had to warranty one of them and they make me(you) pay $60 before they will look at it. If they determine it was a manufacturer defect then they replace the pump but that has never happened. Take that for what its worth.

Matt

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived