LegacyGT.com

Moonroof Auto Close on Lock

rodeo-clown

Is it possible to have the moon roof automatically close when the car is locked? Better yet, is it possible to have the moon roof and all windows close on lock?

I think that's a handy little mod to have, especially for forgetfull people like myself! ( I'm working on checking the sunroof as my 'getting out of car routine' :)

Is it possible to have the moon roof automatically close when the car is locked? Better yet, is it possible to have the moon roof and all windows close on lock?

I think that's a handy little mod to have, especially for forgetfull people like myself! ( I'm working on checking the sunroof as my 'getting out of car routine' :)

Sure - trade the LGT in on a MINI Cooper or BMW. :lol:

Yeah.....our new Cooper S convertible allows you to put the windows and top up or down with the key in the lock or using the remote transmitter in the key. Keyless convertible top action.....that's progress!

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'd be happy to be able to use the radio with the car off- like after you turn the engine off and you're debating whether to go back to work after lunch and you think "If they're playing XYZ song, I'll go home and have a half day".

thats one feature I have liked in GM cars. Radio on, turn the car off, and the radio stays on until you open the door.

I am sure its just a matter of finding the right wire to bypass, and possibly a relay on the door light to trigger the radio off.

as for windows up after car off... i think the work involed to hack this in far outweighs the simple matter of doing a 'car check' before you leave the car.

How many of you leap out of your car so often that you forget to close everything ?

• 5 months later...
i think that can be taken out... its only there for safety.. i dunno how this is controlled though.... look at the diagrams ?

If you ever figure out how to do it, let me know. I am going to talk to the dealer and see what they say.

• 3 weeks later...
If you ever figure out how to do it, let me know. I am going to talk to the dealer and see what they say.

Most likely, you can't. According to the service manual, the logic board for the motor control is part of the sunroof motor. It's not reprogrammable, unfortunately.

You might need to replace the sunroof monitor, too bad I know.. :-( Unless you add an aftermarket alarm that does all that...

If anyone has any idea, I d like to know also...

Cheers,

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived