LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT 5MT vs. Mazda 6 5MT

My friend who has a new Mazda 6 wanted to run to see how he would do against the Legacy. We raced twice from a stop to 100. Both times I immediately had the lead about a half car length. I missed the 3rd shift and we were even, finally got into 3rd and started to walk away, shifted to 4th and gained more of a lead. When I shut down at 100, I was about 8 or 9 carlengths on him. The second time I shifted perfectly and had at least 10-12 carlengths when I shut down.

Pretty much what your friend should have expected. Did he seriously think that he had a snowball's chance in hell of keeping up? Unless he's running major mods, and then lockup would be an issue, he would be looking at a constant bearing increasing range situation from the get go.

I presumed that you are running completely stock?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Pretty much what your friend should have expected. Did he seriously think that he had a snowball's chance in hell of keeping up? Unless he's running major mods, and then lockup would be an issue, he would be looking at a constant bearing increasing range situation from the get go.

SBT

Actually he had no idea about the Legacy's ability, but he does now:lol:

I do have a few mods - uppipe, lightweight pulley, and AP stage 1 91 oct.

SBT

6 speed is fAstAAR!

Archived