LegacyGT.com

Anybody in NC willing to help

sgeorge

Regarding the paint - Performance scratched the concrete off, so now it looks worse. They agreed to pay to get it done somewhere else, i haven't had a chance to get an estimate yet because of work, hopefully this weekend or early next week.

Regarding the engine - still isn't perfect but we are getting there. Again not taking it performance. I visited a guy that works full time at southern states subaru but also works for turbotime(http://www.turbotime.us) We put a new MAF on it and an oem panel filter(had k&n) and so far so good. The true test comes this weekend when i go to charlotte. He hooked up the ssm and noticed the roughness monitor on cylinder 2 is being triggered intermittently, so still possibly an injectors issue.

• 2 months later...
finally got it fixed, got the car back 2 weeks ago. Let's just say performance made the problem worse, and ryan from johnson subaru of cary/turbo time figured out what was done and resolved the issue.

• 3 months later...
More issues, i'm assuming from the injectors leaking in the cylinders for so long. Car is at subaru of cary again, has been for 2 weeks. It actually died on the mechanic last monday during a test drive, because the cam position sensor was not properly reconnected by Performance. Southeastern regional subaru engineer supposedly is coming this week to look at all the data. At least this time they didn't give me a prius as a loaner....Moral of the story, don't ever take a turbo subaru to performance for work...

Hoepfully SOA will make it right this time as everytime it has been in for service was obviously documented and this has gone on since Performance screwed up the cooling fan relay recall sept of 07. At least my car won't sit in the airport parking lot all next week while we are on vacation....

• 4 weeks later...

still not running....

I found the phone list for subaru of america southeastern region and left message to the regional service ops manager, regional manager, regional rep, customer loyalty manager. I've demanded that SOA buy the car back from me as it has been in a shop 17% of the 20 months i have owned it or 27% of the last year. We'll see what happens.

I am looking into what course of action i can take through the attorney generals office as well as seeking legal advice. Fun day.

The dealership took back their loaner i have had for the past 5 weeks. I had to fight hard for a rental car and eventually got it, chrysler grand caravan.....

Archived