LegacyGT.com

Anybody in NC willing to help

sgeorge

Basically i am looking for somebody that is willing to swap a coil pack with me for an afternoon in cary,nc. I spoke the tech at performance subaru in chapel hill that has worked on my car the 3 times it has been there in the last two months. I told him that i was using the accessport and the only time i was having an issue was when the stage 1 OTS map was being used. He suggested I "go back to stock" and see if the problem returns, which it doesn't :spin:.

So far this is what has been done to narrow it down to the coil pack -

- Changed the spark plugs.

- Moved the injector from number 4 to number 2.

CEL still occurs on #4, which leads me to believe the coil pack is the problem.

Performance is not mod friendly, hopefully the tech will not mention the AP to the service manager...I have bought him a case of beer each time he has worked on my car.

Anybody willing to swap or have a coil pack laying around?

• 4 weeks later...

The AP hasn't been on the car since problems started in september.

So they were going to give me a BMW, but then decided to call back one of the guys dropping a customer off in a forester so they could give me that. I politely asked for them to let me know when they had another loaner available, i exchanged for an base 08 outback the day it was delivered.

I spoke with the service manager today. They said that the valve springs were not tight enough(whatever the hell that means) and that parts should be here tomorrow and that i may get the car back next friday....

*edit* - the last time i saw it was the 21st when i picked up the outback. It had been pushed out behind the shop and was covered in so much dirt and dust from the gravel parking lot that you couldn't tell what color the roof was. I will be spending a while going over the car from top to bottom when i get it back....

*edit* - the last time i saw it was the 21st when i picked up the outback. It had been pushed out behind the shop and was covered in so much dirt and dust from the gravel parking lot that you couldn't tell what color the roof was. I will be spending a while going over the car from top to bottom when i get it back....

I know you will still want to clean it yourself but I would make them detail it or get ti detailed if they don't have a detail shop, before you accept it back.

I'm trying my best to keep a level head about the whole situation. But 1 month seems like a long time to resolve a problem. I can't believe it takes a week for them to rebuild 1 head and put everything back together. I will be contacting my regional rep next week if i don't get the car back.

• 2 weeks later...
After all the snow and ice melted off the car, i found concrete splatter on the hood and bumper. It goes back to the dealership on feb 4th to get fixed. The saga continues.....rediculous

I would let them know how upset you are. Even if they do fix the issue the fact is you should not have had to deal with the issue at all.

Honestly, i'm sick of driving 30 minutes to see these guys. I have an appointment next monday to drop it off. But I'm thinking i am just going to get some muriatic acid( what we used on the construction trucks) and get it off myself.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived