LegacyGT.com

Legacy roof rail deletes

BDII

I'd love them too, but I think they would look stupid on our Outback-style roof. I love the flat look of JDM/EDM wagon.

Doh, never realized the Beluga whale look was from the Outback roof on our wagons, SOA sucks. Deletes would prob look ok in body color

Hmmmm It can be done. Can you remove the "humps" to reveal where they lay into on the wagon? I assume they have a few screws to hold them in. If this is the case you could make a positive cast of the female end of the roof (where the present rails are) by laying some saran wrap down and then filling the empty rail in with plaster (make sure the screw holes have something in them that stick up past the fill line). With that positive you could then sand it down to what you would like, then you could take the positive, wrap it in saran wrap again and make a negative, with which you could make fiberglass rail deletes...

If only someone with a vendor status, that had a wagon, did this, then they could market it......

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Seriously.. when you delete something from a list of options, they don't put it on your car..

ie.. "I want to add the radio delete option".. Take the radio out of the friggen dash! you're not adding anything, you're taking it away! :spin::lol:

yeah but you need to delete the stock rails before you can add the deletes!:lol:

Hmmmm It can be done. Can you remove the "humps" to reveal where they lay into on the wagon? I assume they have a few screws to hold them in. If this is the case you could make a positive cast of the female end of the roof (where the present rails are) by laying some saran wrap down and then filling the empty rail in with plaster (make sure the screw holes have something in them that stick up past the fill line). With that positive you could then sand it down to what you would like, then you could take the positive, wrap it in saran wrap again and make a negative, with which you could make fiberglass rail deletes...

If only someone with a vendor status, that had a wagon, did this, then they could market it......

Pm sent :cool:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone actually tried to fit these caps on a USDM? The roof difference is towards the middle. Pretty sure when a JDM ones a roof rack, they install our style rails instead of the Outback ones.

I think it could fit.