LegacyGT.com

08 LL Bean

climbingj

This is my first Suby. I decided to get rid of my Nissan Titan about 8 months ago before gas prices went through the roof! I travel to the mountains a bunch so I needed a good rig with milage and a cool look. All my climbing and skiing buddies have said nothing but good about their subies. All wheel drive, great looks, sweet six cylinder with great zip, good fuel economy, refined leather interior, and hell the navigation even shows the logging roads and trailheads I'm on. I have had a bunch of cars and trucks and I have to say this is my favorite car I have ever owned. Two thumbs up and a twist:icon_chee!!

The interior is the light color (mauve???) with black dash and door trim and the woodgrain accents. I had the windows tinted one step over legal in the rear and the fronts are legal tint. I searched quite a while for wheels. I finally went with 18" Volk GT-C's. The tires are 235-50-18's. For rubber I started with BFG GForce TA KDW's. The tires handled great but the noise was too much. I switched to Bridgestone Turanza Serenity's. They were litttle more on the quiet side and rode smoother, but, the handling is not as great. For the money the BfG's, in hind site, would have been a fine choice. (200 bucks cheaper:spin:). There are no rubbing issues that I have encountered and I have been driving hard on and off road. I picked up some chrome tips for the exhaust to finish off the look of the polished mufflers. I had the 3m stonegaurd package put on and it has been a great investment. I am ordering the swaybars from Rallytech soon. I hope they will make a big difference. Has anyone else put a set on????

I ditched the ski racks and went for the Yakima Skybox Pro 16. What a great box! It attaches to the factory bars and I can still open the rear gate when the box is on. The wind noise is minimal and the sunroof has room to open. The nice thing about the box is I take it off when I am done with it and put it in the garage. It takes less than 5 minuets to put on! I also take off the factory bars when not in use. I found that when the bars are off and the sunroof is open it is soooo much more quiet! I just took a little black sharpie and marked the tops of the roof rails where the bars need to be for my box. Quick and easy install. I'll post some pics of the box on the car later.

I have the factory wheels and tires and I want to get rid of the tires. They have about 1000miles on them. I think I will be painting the factory wheels gloss black and putting some Blizzaks on. Thats about all I have done and would like to address the squishy rear end. Any Ideas??? Take care all, Jay.

here is a before and after shot.

tensing5.jpg.b7e1562b65121b7c620c0c65dd7700f4.jpg

tensing1.jpg.54c78e81418be1ff1d91f04d96e5deda.jpg

Hey all just thought I would join in on the fun. Here are some pics of my suby.

Hi Bro, your rims look great. This is the same rim i ordered from my Outback 3.0R MY07 model. Can I know if your original tyre size is 215/55R17?

So by putting on 235/50R18 tyre size, does it cause any slow down in pickup?

I know speedo will be out by a little right?

Cheers

Hi Bro, your rims look great. This is the same rim i ordered from my Outback 3.0R MY07 model. Can I know if your original tyre size is 215/55R17?

So by putting on 235/50R18 tyre size, does it cause any slow down in pickup?

I know speedo will be out by a little right?

Cheers

The weight is about the same and the pick up is just as I remeberd it. Enjoy the new rims. The speedo is almost dead on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I picked up some chrome tips for the exhaust to finish off the look of the polished mufflers.

Jay,

What type tips did you get and what size?

Where from?

Do you have a pic from the back showing the tips?

Thx man!

Jay,

What type tips did you get and what size?

Where from?

Do you have a pic from the back showing the tips?

Thx man!

OK here is the scoop. The company name is Rolxtreme.com the part number is 581105 stainless. They have an internal mounting sleeve that fits our tiny down turn. Here are a few pictures.You could cut them and they can move up about about 1/2 inch or maybe a little more but you might be able to see the end of the factory tail pipe. then again you could cut the tailpipe and move it up some more. The price on them at schucks was 14 each. probably cheaper on line some where. I have had them on since last April and they still look like new. The car is quite dirty in the pictures.

tips1.thumb.jpg.db72921efa3f21ff18b0577ea3c187de.jpg

tips2.thumb.jpg.618e0470080e4901ce7bb15e264b8211.jpg

tips3.thumb.jpg.f178d4e4594fe1210b23356029bbd327.jpg

tips4.thumb.jpg.3197f3ed907bdf116dad39070356206a.jpg

tips5.thumb.jpg.5e68c8ae62a5c30361e96083972a495e.jpg

Archived