LegacyGT.com

Bucking/Hesitation

j255c

This morning when i started my car i was pulling out of the parking lot and heard a loud clunk and a bucking type feeling was emitted through the vehicle. At the time i was going in a straight line. The feeling was somewhat similar to driving a jeep w/ part time 4wd and turning where the differential kinda locks and hesitates. Additionally the car has a noticeable chatter metallic viscous type sound on deceleration. Any idea what these could be?

Thanks,

Jeff

06 TB EVO IX SE stock turbo monster subaru hater :lol:

it went away when i was on the way to suby dealership to have it checked out lol its def something w/ clutch though :lol:

to reproduce it, try this...accelerate slowly from a stop...keep it under 1500 rpms...like if someone is in a car in front of you...

do you feel it mostly in your left foot while it is on the clutch?

Steering pump? Another car I own had a similar bucking/hesitation when going slowly with slight turning of the steering wheel and that was what was causing it.

it's pretty obvious if it is the steering pump, and you would feel it in the wheel primarily.... tires would "stick" while turning.....also happens when you have air in the system.

Archived