LegacyGT.com

Trans Experts: Need Help!

acooper5

your are the man Jeff! I gave him a buzz and got his voicemail, I will wait to hear from him.

A side not, it sounds like wavewagon had the same problem with his car has I do mine in 4th and 5th gears, so I contacted him.

Also an old fraternity brother of mine as a shop in Northern VA and I gave him a call to see what was up. He thinks he should be able to drop the pan and get the valve body to send out without a problem and he has no problem with pushing my car to the side. Even better he will do it all including the flush when it is all down for about 150.00 all with BG syn fluids.

Semper Fi.

your are the man Jeff! I gave him a buzz and got his voicemail, I will wait to hear from him.

A side not, it sounds like wavewagon had the same problem with his car has I do mine in 4th and 5th gears, so I contacted him.

Also an old fraternity brother of mine as a shop in Northern VA and I gave him a call to see what was up. He thinks he should be able to drop the pan and get the valve body to send out without a problem and he has no problem with pushing my car to the side. Even better he will do it all including the flush when it is all down for about 150.00 all with BG syn fluids.

Sweet deal, I may need that hookup at some point in the future :)

So just for claification, Those that have experienced the same slipage as me, did the VB upgrade fix the transmission issues. I am worried about my clutch packs.

yes. :D

when i had mine done, i believe jerseyglock was there and Ty told him my clutch packs looked good at the time. that was after almost 2 years of abuse and torque launching the car.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I had Subaru Dealership remove and install mine for me for $200 total. From what I understand, it comes out pretty easily but messy from all the tranny fluid. IPT charged me $649 for the work. They got it done in 1 day. I also paid Overnight shipping both ways $200. :eek: I also bought 4 gallons of Amsoil Synthetic ATF, another $120.

yep. except it takes 2 days for me since i'm in AK. i was down a whole week and ended up renting a lame Ford Taurus. didn't even have a CD player! :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

was out with the kids tonight... I had similiar issues but kept driving the car until it starting slipping in first gear. removed tranny pan to do a VB upgrade and found metal pieces. contacted IPT and stated that the VB upgrade would not help and I needed a total rebuild.... so thats what I had done.. Tranny runs real strong with the rebuilt tranny and torque converter.

lesson learn.. i should have immediately sent VB for upgrade opposed to driving the car thinking the slip would go away:eek:

^^^ do you think it will hurt if I continue to drive the car around nicely and gingerly for the rest of the week and weekend?

No, if your not on it it will function just like a car with normal power levels. Remeber a VB isn't required for stock powered 5EAT's.

I think I'm gonna need a ride in this thing once you get it sorted. some of my old parts live on with your car ;)

sure thing, once I get through the stress of figuring everything out and she is running well, I do a nice dog and pony;)

Semper Fi.

was out with the kids tonight... I had similiar issues but kept driving the car until it starting slipping in first gear. removed tranny pan to do a VB upgrade and found metal pieces. contacted IPT and stated that the VB upgrade would not help and I needed a total rebuild.... so thats what I had done.. Tranny runs real strong with the rebuilt tranny and torque converter.

lesson learn.. i should have immediately sent VB for upgrade opposed to driving the car thinking the slip would go away:eek:

iamboon, thanks for chiming in. Did you continue to drive your car hard once it started slipping? If not, how long did it take to migrate from 4th and 5th gear down to 1st?

Since you have been through it, should I stop driving my car altogether now or will I be ok if I keep it below 3500rpm?

Semper Fi.

yes. :D

when i had mine done, i believe jerseyglock was there and Ty told him my clutch packs looked good at the time. that was after almost 2 years of abuse and torque launching the car.

Hmm so when installing the VB you can tell if the clutch packs are good?

Archived