Restrictor Pill Sizes for Bleed Type Boost Control

mickeyd2005

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hmm, so I reused my stock VF-40 restrictor pill on my VF-37 setup and Shamar tells me I need a smaller one since I can't hit my boost targets right now even though I am at max WGDC.

Would the 1 mm pill do?

• 1 month later...

So I installed a 1.2mm pill today. Only a small change from my stock 1.25, but I picked up some extra boost. I was hitting around 15.6 before; I just hit 16.38 without changing anything else. I could probably come close to 17psi in 4th or 5th gear if I really wanted to.

Now to just slightly adjust my tune for it...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 20g turbo and I am having a hard time making target boost which should be 24-26psi. Right now I am maxing at 20-21.

I have a grimmspeed EBCS and the turbo manufacturer recommended a .060" pill to help hit target boost.

It seems everyone on this site is going smaller.....not larger?

Is he right?

PS - I have a Perrin TMIC & AVO Adjustable Actuator if that is needed to know.

Edited by f85stealth
added PS

I have a 20g turbo and I am having a hard time making target boost which should be 24-26psi. Right now I am maxing at 20-21.

I have a grimmspeed EBCS and the turbo manufacturer recommended a .060" pill to help hit target boost.

It seems everyone on this site is going smaller.....not larger?

Is he right?

PS - I have a Perrin TMIC & AVO Adjustable Actuator if that is needed to know.

Who tuned it? You should be asking them about this. If you weren't tuned, then there's your problem. You have a 3 port EBCS, you shouldn't be using a restrictor pill at all if it was done correctly.

edit: Christ, you're this guy:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/excessive-intake-temps-190748.html?t=190748

You need a new tuner.

Edited by iNVAR

By the way, that is NOT to be interpreted as "go ahead and yank out the restrictor pill and do a WOT pull". You should NOT do that without knowing how to mess with your tune, or safely dial in your WGDC and turbo dynamics parameters correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
Who tuned it? You should be asking them about this. If you weren't tuned, then there's your problem. You have a 3 port EBCS, you shouldn't be using a restrictor pill at all if it was done correctly.

edit: Christ, you're this guy:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/excessive-intake-temps-190748.html?t=190748

You need a new tuner.

I have been tuned. Maybe my tuner didn't know about the restrictor pill so its still in my vehicle?

What does it look like and where exactly is it?

I am having another tuner look at my car tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Too late to get any info out of this thread?

I've been trying to figure out if dropping from a 1.25 to a 1.20 in my stock '06 is going to make it go kerblooie. There are 7500 miles on the engine.

I only ever use 93oct super, and I live at and operate the car at 900-1200ft elevation. I never see anything more than 13.4PSI in my logs. Will dropping to the 1.2mm pill correct me for altitude without messing anything up to where a tune would be a necessity?

• 6 months later...
Is there any noticeable difference between a 1.2 mm and a 1.25 mm. I recently bought an 05 LGT with an ewg run off a Trubost 2 port. I am trying to switch back to the stock iwg and bcs configuration. I have sourced a stock bcs and a 1.2 mm pill from a forum member. I have an AP and would like to be able to flash stage 2 or even return to stock. I do work at a machine shop, so I have the ability to ream the pill, if necessary.

• 11 months later...