LegacyGT.com

Restrictor Pill Sizes for Bleed Type Boost Control

mickeyd2005

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Replaced a pill , went to 1.2mm (from 1.25), adjusted WGDC init duty. Car much easier hits the boost , but it looks like this: little overboost (-0.2 - -0.5 boost error) on WOT 4th and 5th gear, but still underboost (about 1-1.5 psi) on WOT for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd .

I do not care for a 1st and 2nd, but need to have it on 3rd. What table I have to adjust? If I've add WGDC - it will overboost more on high gears..

Any suggestions?

I am newbe to this, please do not kill :-)

Edited by lepich
There are no bad people, just differeent.

• 5 months later...
Just installed the smaller pill and with MickeyD's help, adjusted my tune; the biggest improvement is the increase in power in 1st and 2nd gear, the boost builds much sooner in the lower gears..I am very happy with this really easy and cheap mod.

yeah..VF40 with XO2 FMIC.

I went with the Subaru 1 mm pill..the only thing that we needed to change was WG initial and WG max. We did not mess with turbo dynamics.

The more I drive it the more impressed I am with 1st and 2nd gear performance..car feels much quicker in those gears.

I tried tuning my car with a 1.0 mm pill. It works but the WGDC needed to hit target boost is too low for my taste (40 to 50%).

For anyone tuning their own car who wants an aggressive stage 2 tune, I recommend a 1.1 to 1.2 mm pill for VF40 2005-2006 cars.

So why would a slightly higher WGDC be better? I just ordered a 1mm pill, but I think I'll pick up a 1.2 also since the dealer has them in stock.

So why would a slightly higher WGDC be better? I just ordered a 1mm pill, but I think I'll pick up a 1.2 also since the dealer has them in stock.

It gives the ECU and TD more room to apply adjustments without over/under boosting but still meets your needs to appropriate boost. However I find the 1mm pill is fine for most vehicles.

However I find the 1mm pill is fine for most vehicles

This is where I ended up. 1mm pill on a stock turbo. Working just fine. 1.2mm was not enough.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just installed a VF52 and catless up-pipe. I know everyone says bigger injectors, pump and a tune. Unfortunately I don't have the cash right now. I want to lower the boost to something that won't make me hit that wall everyone talks about. Should I be using the pill from my VF40 or a different size. Will this even help me.

Thanks for any input guys.