LegacyGT.com

Chatter/rattle under shifter?

pathfin9

First off, I have an 08 Spec B that I got in Sept. I've got about 3500 miles on it....i've had a lot of family emergencies over the past two months, i.e. driving from MD to NY, NYC to Syracuse, NY to PA, and so on....

Ever since I've had the car, there has been a chatter/rattle sound coming from what seems to bee right under the shifter. I can hear it inside and our side of the car with the windows down and my brother-in-law also said he heard it.

It only occurs in low rps, 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Usually between 1500-3000 rpms. I can really hear it when i am just slowly moving in traffic in 1st gear, as well as when I am downshifting from 3rd to 2nd.

Any ideas of what it could be?

I thought it was maybe a heat shield, but the other day I was listening and i would hear it, push in the clutch and it would be gone. I hope there's nothing wrong with the clutch. If anyone has some insight that would be great!

Thanks.

-John

i had a similiar problem, but it only happened in 3rd and 5th gear when i let off the throttle

i brought it in to get it checked out, and they just said that the shifter nut was a lil loose. they fixed it and i havent had a prob since :)

Thanks. I'll have to take it to the dealer and see if they can fix it. Hopefully thats it. I dont want to have tranny problems this early already. I've been so delicate with the clutch, so there isnt any possible way I could have hurt it.

Thanks again!

-John

i had a similiar problem, but it only happened in 3rd and 5th gear when i let off the throttle

i brought it in to get it checked out, and they just said that the shifter nut was a lil loose. they fixed it and i havent had a prob since :)

Archived