LegacyGT.com

Clicking nosie in clutch pedal

TPLGT

A few months ago I noticed a 'clicking' sound when I depressed the clutch pedal when I start the car. I depress the clutch about 2/3 of the way in and it 'clicks' almost like a switch is being activated or a piece of shift linkage is getting caught up in something.

When I am in traffic and have my right foot on the brake and depress the clutch, I can feel a clicking in the brake pedal as wel...it is not as pronounced as the clutch but I can feel it....it's just not smooth.

I took it to dealer twice and they said it was 'normal'. It seems to have been getting worse over the last month so I took it in yesterday and they said something is wrong.

They now have the car over the weekend so they can do some trial and error tests on it.

Anyone ever heard/seen anything like this?

Rehab is for quitters.

Ummm..I hope not....I don't really wnat them to tear apart the clutch but it needs to be fixed...pretty annoying dealing with it everyday....I think I lose like 40 WHP because of it...
Rehab is for quitters.

Update...I just spoke w/ the dealer. It seems as though the throw out bearing is spent and there could be some problems with the pressure plate as well. They ordered the parts.

I have their loaner so I need to swap cares and come back later in the week for a repair...bummer...the car is an 06 w/ only 21k on it too...kind of surprised to see this from a new, unabused car.

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived