LegacyGT.com

Another Messed up 5EAT

automaticsti

So today i go to start my car and i notice that it is flashing SPORT, i know that something isnt right, i start driving and notice it is shifting strange, i drive fo a while to get food, turn it off wait a while and fire it back up, now the CEL is on, cruise flashing, SPORT flashing and when i took off from a dead stop it reved way the hell up to barely move, i got it back to my house somehow and had to forcefully shift it into park. I know of a mod friendly dealersip 5 hours away but is there anyhing i can do now to figure out this problem or should i bring there anyways and get it fixed under warrenty.

36,000...and a good friend of mine knows the owner of the dealership very well, i am pretty much garunteed it being fixed...im just curious what it would be

;) that doesn't necessarily matter. my husband works at the dealership in service and i know the service manager and one of the owners. if they claim something that is should not be warrantied, they are committing fraud. and even more, they could stand to lose their dealership for allowing things to slide. usually warranty claims boil down to SOA, not the actual dealership. the dealership can go to bat for you and really state your case, however, they don't make the ultimate decision. however, most dealerships will have what's called a "good will" account. if my tranny goes, i have 40K miles on it, and still under the powertrain warranty, however i do not expect them to necessarily cover it unless it is indeed something that is caused by manufacturer defect, not my modifications, racing, or otherwise. ;) and remember, SOA watches these threads. if they feel you are trying to pull a fast one, be sure to prepare yourself for the denied warranty claim and a copy of your posts/threads in your vehicle file.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i agree with you but i beleive that the reason my tranny broke has nothin to do with mods...it has had problems since day one..it has just finnally gone out now.

well do you have a service record showing this? that will help your case.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived