K&N CAI

Xo2 Turboback exhaust

AVO TMIC

IPT VB

17.5psi Tune

Results:

245whp

340wtq

Dyno was a Mustang Dyno. Main difference between this tune and my previous stg2 tune is the AVO TMIC. My previous whp was 232, Tim Bailey was able to extract 13 more whp, not bad. I'll post the graph when i scan it.

Edited by Habitual Line Stepper

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy tq. Isn't the TQ figure usually wrong because the way 5eats dyno though.

What do stock STi's dyno there for reference. 13 whp for a tmic is pretty impressive especially at such a modest psi. I am assuming you may have had more power across the powerband as well.

Any reason why he wouldn't bump it up to ~18.5 psi :)

Even if he tried to explain the details of why he didnt bump the boost i'm sure i wouldnt understand. But when i asked he said it would put the turbo out of its efficency range. Also asked him about my tq and he said thats your torque when you floor it off the line, that is what you got on tap. I have my doubts about the tq number, but i cant argue since i know next to nothing about tuning. Stock STI's dyno 240whp and a little bit more in tq, on that dyno. Edited by Habitual Line Stepper

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Even if he tried to explain the details of why he didnt bump the boost i'm sure i wouldnt understand. But when i asked he said it would put the turbo out of its efficency range. Also asked him about my tq and he said thats your torque when you floor it off the line, that is what you got on tap. I have my doubts about the tq number, but i cant argue since i know next to nothing about tuning. Stock STI's dyno 240whp and a little bit more in tq, on that dyno.

Well as long as your happy with the results, that's all that matters. Like it was stated a few post earlier, numbers aren't the end all be all. They are good for gauging the impact a new part has on your car. There are so many variables with trying to gauge power increases. So as long as you are satisfied everything else doesn't matter as much.

I would encourage you to research what all can be done with your car. Imo, I think there is so a unused power being left on the table and I think you can dial up the boost a bit more if you wanted, but it's better to have a safe, reliable tune than to go to far. But look around and see if there's more you can do...if you want.

I really dont think my current setup has anything left to give. MT stg2 LGTs put out 260whp on that dyno. I have an auto so i'm expected to dyno lower, 10-15 lower. I'll ask the question but i'm sure he'll say i'm tapped out at this point. I understand what your saying tho, alot of other LGTs are pushing 1-2 more psi than i am.

+1 on target boost. I, too have an aftermarket TMIC and I am tuned for 17.1 peak boost. That does not mean all you'll ever see is 17.1. The TMIC yields generally some extra boost. If you were to tune for more, and keep in mind I don't know a whole lot about this, you'd end up effectively pushing over 19PSI and somehow I don't think that's either healthy or effective on an otherwise stock turbo set-up. On my tune I routinely hit 17.9 and sometimes even 18.1 or 18.4. One cold winter evening I overboosted 19.4 in 2nd. That was epic :D

HLS, who tuned you? I'm on a PDX tune. Minus the exhaust, we're on a similar set-up. 5EAT, pulley, Perrin TMIC, catless UP but the turboback is stock (1 cat left). You also have to consider the gas quality, I found that out the hard way. According to PDX who had to back off some on my tune, the bunk gas is leaving some power on the table. Nothing I can do about that.

Edited by fishbone

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys newbie here:icon_neut

may i know; if i could use a Turbo system on a year 2000 legacy 2.0 gl sedan but with A/T on it? would you please advise on this, your answers will be appreciated.

warm regards to all...

bobo:)

Edited by bobos

• 1 month later...

2005 gt sedan 5 speed

Stock turbo

STI up pipe

invidia downpipe

k&n filter

1 step colder plugs

open ECU tune (not a pro tune)

267 FT-LB

242 WHP

It was 94 degrees that day on a mustang dyno in south florida.

Not bad for the simple stuff I had done. My friend is going to sell me his barely used VF52 cheap. I'm hopeing to see closer to 300 WHP. I don't want to buy injectors and a new fuel pump right now.

Edited by car_guy1

nice, which mods?

Engine:

Blouch 2.5r "Polka Pickle"

Cobb AccessPORT ver.2 Tuned at 19psi by Nate at TPG Tuning

Perrin FMIC

Perrin EBCS

Perrin Turbo Inlet

Deatschwerks 750cc Injectors

AVO/Rallitek Fuel Pump

TGV's ported, polished and coated by Mycues82

Tial 50mm BOV

Tial 38mm EWG VTA w/the dumptube coated by Mycues82

Cobb SF Intake

Crawford Air/Oil Separator

NGK LFR7AIX Plugs

IXIZ Battery Tiedown

Exhaust:

Invidia Catless Downpipe

Megan Quad Tip Catback

Grimmspeed EWG Uppipe coated by Mycues82

Kartboy Exhaust Hangers

Suspension:

BC Racing Coilovers

Perrin 25mm Front Sway Bar

Perrin 25mm Rear Sway Bar

Perrin Endlinks

Drivetrain:

ACT HDSS w/ STI Flywheel

Kartboy Hardened Shifter Bushings

Kartboy Short Throw Shifter Lever

Kartboy Rear Stay Bushing

Group N Tranny Mount

Interior:

Valentine 1 Hardwired

Defi White Racer Electronic Boost Gauge

Alpine Vehicle Hub Pro

Exterior:

Hella Supertones

R-REV CF Grill

R-REV CF Rear Bumper Inserts

35% tint

Lighting:

Retrofit'd RX330 HID's

Wheels:

18x8 46+ Prodrive GC-05F in British Black

Bridgestone Potenza RE050

17x7.5 53+ 2004 STI BBS's in Gold

Dunlop Dirreza Star Specs

Gorilla Lugs

Brakes:

DBA Slotted Rotors

STI Brembo Calipers

Kartboy Rear Caliper Mount

Goodridge Stainless Steel Lines

Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3352742808_864d35f677.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3618/3351915005_7de4672e95.jpg

Invidia DP, Hotside of 2.5r and Tial 38mm ewg:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2538/3712185072_e7f44f5557.jpg

Coated TGV's:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2582/3711372069_b74a752e0b.jpg

Engine Bay is a bit dirty still...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2568/3712174562_d3464780d7.jpg

Just taken a few minutes ago after I mounted the BBS's with Dunlops for Auto-x in the morning :):banana::taco:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2604/3712191192_80f9ff38df.jpg

2005 Wagon 5MT

T3/T04E Rotated setup

Ball Racing Rotated Kit

This pull had the following

PE 850 CC Injectors

Walbro Fuel Pump

Grimmspeed PNP Manifold w/xover pipe

Apexi AVCR

Cobb AP V2

Izix AOS

Greddy Cat Back

XO2 FMIC

I now have the following

Top Feed Swap

JDM TGV Deletes

TXS Fuel Rails

WRX FPR

Bosch 1000CC Injectors

What I have in my Garage waiting to be put in this winter.

Ported polished built heads with BC 272 cams, Supertech +1MM valves, BC Springs/Retainers. Built shortblock w Eagle rods and Mahle Pro Series Pistons. Precision 6262 Billet Turbo.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/badazzcr/Ball-to4e-lt.jpg

Edited by integroid

05 LGT LTD 5mt

Rotated gt3076r

GP Moto FMIC

816cc injectors - modded stockers

AVO 245 lph pump

TiAL wastegate & BOV

Custom uppipe & downpipe

Perrin catback

91 octane @ 18psi: 362 awhp / 359 ft/lbs (dyno dynamics)

91 octane @ 23psi: 435 awhp / 464 ft/lbs (mustang)

e85 @ 10psi: 347 awhp / 357 ft/lbs (dyno dynamics)

e85 @ 16psi: 394 awhp / 395 ft/lbs (dyno dynamics)

• 2 weeks later...

http://skwiggly.com/lgt/dyno080309.png

Mods:

- Autospeed catted downpipe

- Greddy catless uppipe

- Megan Racing single-tip cat-back exhaust

- AVO panel air filter

- GFB Atomic manual boost controller

91 octane

Dyno Dynamics dyno.

baseline @ 12 psi (blue line): 210 whp, 224 wtq.

stage 2 @ 15 psi (red line): 223 whp, 250 wtq.

OpenECU tune by Harvey at Super Rupair (thanks man!)

According to Harvey my injectors are only at about 60% capacity, and I could easily get another 20 whp with an E85 tune, so I reckon that's next...after I pay off all the mods/work I've just done :)

Edited by skwiggly

• 2 weeks later...

2005 lgt 5mt

Stock VF40, FP, inj, cans.

Mods:

X02 FMIC

AEM CAI

INVIDIA UP/DP

X02 Mid/y pipe

one step colder plugs

cobb AP Stage2 OTS map

stock on the same dyno- 212whp/231wtq

Stage 2 with mods- 262whp/292wtq

here is the run today 10 degrees warmer than my stock run also..

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/Docmar10s/727-TZB.jpg

here is the run today vs my stock run

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t261/Docmar10s/727-TZBb4After.jpg

Does anyone have a dyno chart with Stg 2 mods + Meth/water injection with a protune? I am curious to see what kind of numbers a LGT would post.

I had a Perrin TMIC, AVO CAI, CrucialP&P&C manis with a Grimmspeed x-over, Cucial UP, Perrin long catless DP and Perrin cans. I dont have a PDF of my dyno sheet but on 93 I hit 270 whp and 300 wtq. On meth I hit 270 whp and 340 wtq. I posted some recent comparible logs in the tuning section with a XO2 mid and y installed. Airboys sheets dont show that difference and Testes ran some numbers and suggested a 10 wtq difference. I have the meth for a future turbo upgrade on the TMIC, as its not really worth the gains or risk on the stock turbo.

I guess I should have posted mine here instead of the other forum...oops..

2009 LGT 5spd

Stock and Cobb stg1 OTS flash. Epic Performance mustang dyno. 228whp/245wtq uncorrected.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/KPorg/kurtdyno.jpg

^ you should get a custom tune now. Then you'll see even better numbers. :)

Forgot to check this thread. Yeah they commented that the car seemed strong. Ive got a full TBE and Ividia EL header waiting, and Suby Shop is taking care of me for a bunch of other stuff. waiting to get my header and my down pipe sent to Grimm for coating, and hopefully itsme's IC kit will be dont soon, as well as seeing what BNR has up their sleeve. Epic will be supplying a boost solenoid and a fuel pump.

I didnt want to waste time bolting on this bolting on that tuning this tuning that, so the plan is go to right to a 3+ all at once and get a tune and be ready to roll. Dyno's will follow immediately :)

This was on the same dyno as Trademark, a few posts up above. Except the RPM sensor was flaky when I was there, so it's MPH on the X axis. All pulls were 2k to 7k though...

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z151/Legacy_NSFW/Dyno%20Charts/2009-08-25-1.jpg

The curve is shaped about right and the peak power is good, so I'm happy. I do have some work to do on the boost and AFR though. But I'm about to start from scratch on the boost anyway.

We did 6 pulls, those are from the 2nd set. The low pull was when the engine (intercooler, especially) was hottest. After that one we spent a few minutes BSing and spraying the FMIC and letting things cool, then did the final pull, which ended up being the highest of the day.

Actual AFR is about .3 lower than their sensor indicates (catted exhaust + tailpipe sniffer).

Power mods at this point:

Intake

FMIC

UP, DP, MP, YP

Tuned by me :D

Stock turbo, stock mufflers.