mikeyan

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I know there was one guy who posted here and said he put down around 220 whp on a bone stock car....I think I might be one of those cars with higher than normal numbers. My car was road dynoed and took in affect everything from outside temp, wind, weight etc and I posted a higher than normal number as well. In fact it was weird even to the guy who tuned my car.

So my mods at the time of the tune and dyno are as follows (And this is with a STOCK Turbo:

SPT CBE Exhaust

SPT Intake

GFB BOV (if you want to count that)

Opensource tune

246WHP/268WTQ

Here is my graph (3rd gear pull):

2144332647_dyno1.JPG.84a68ba76dd84a6372a03bc882714c11.JPG

Crazy huh?

Edited by Verwilderd

Ok, so I know there was one guy who posted here and said he put down around 220 whp on a bone stock car....I think I might be one of those cars with higher than normal numbers. My car was road dynoed and took in affect everything from outside temp, wind, weight etc and I posted a higher than normal number as well. In fact it was weird even to the guy who tuned my car.

So my mods at the time of the tune and dyno are as follows (And this is with a STOCK Turbo:

SPT CBE Exhaust

SPT Intake

GFB BOV (if you want to count that)

Opensource tune

246WHP/268WTQ

Here is my graph (3rd gear pull):

[ATTACH]63808[/ATTACH]

Crazy huh?

I was the one that made ~220whp/250wtq on a dynojet stock :)

And since I didnt post this in this thread yet I think, here my 08' 5MT with Stg 2 dyno tuned on a dynojet w/ 93 octane (272whp/336wtq) :D

Mods:

Stock turbo

MR Dual Tip catback

X02 Catless DP

AVO CAI

I must have one of those legendary hand picked spec B motors. ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Bbc84/Legacy%20GT/Stg2DynoTuned.jpg

Edited by Bbc84

I was the one that made ~220whp/250wtq on a dynojet stock :)

And since I didnt post this in this thread yet I think, here my 08' 5MT with Stg 2 dyno tuned on a dynojet w/ 93 octane (272whp/336wtq) :D

Mods:

Stock turbo

MR Dual Tip catback

X02 Catless DP

AVO CAI

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/Bbc84/Legacy%20GT/Stg2DynoTuned.jpg

Maybe it's something to do with the 08's. Because I've got one my "stage 1" putting down more than people's "stage 2". I can't wait till my up/dp come in and I can get the car re-tuned....At this rate, I might be hitting near the 300's!

I've also added a LW pulley that might help to free up a few ponies as well. :)

Edited by Verwilderd

• 1 month later...

2007 5MT on CA91 octane.

Blouch Dominator 2.5R "Polka Pickle" ball bearing turbo

Deatschwerks 750cc injectors

Walbro 255 LPH

Prodrive BCS

Perrin FMIC

Tial 50mm BOV

AVO intake

3" Autospeed CB

3" Megan Racing DP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/androofoo/sc00105ac9.jpg

344WHP/338WTQ @ 17PSI :)

2007 5MT on CA91 octane.

Blouch Dominator 2.5R "Polka Pickle" ball bearing turbo

Deatschwerks 750cc injectors

Walbro 255 LPH

Prodrive BCS

Perrin FMIC

Tial 50mm BOV

AVO intake

3" Autospeed CB

3" Megan Racing DP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/androofoo/sc00105ac9.jpg

344WHP/338WTQ @ 17PSI :)

Nice results but 17psi is WAY too low for that turbo.

Nice results but 17psi is WAY too low for that turbo.

I know I am kind of disappointed. I was expecting at least 20psi max, but it was safe to run 17psi due to boost creep issues. You can see it creeping after 6500 on just 17psi. One of the runs my car made 370whp.

:spin:

Got dyno tuned at Dent Sport Garage in Norwood, MA.

2005.5 LGT 5EAT

AEM CAI

Grimmspeed Ported, Polished, and Coated Exhaust Manifolds

Grimmspeed Coated Crossover Pipe

Grimmspeed Coated UP

Cobb Catted DP

Perrin TMIC

Borla CBE

TruCool LPD 4454 Transmission Cooler

Approx 55* F outside. They had a blower on top of the TMIC and a big fan blowing on the front of the car. This is done on a Dyno Dynamics Dynamometer. Their website claims the numbers it puts out are lower than most dynos.

215 WHP @ 5196 RPM

270 WTQ @ 3500 RPM

hitting 17.5 PSI @ 2850 RPM tapering to 12 PSI at redline

my A/F is in the 11.4 range at WOT

Car feels great. the power is smooooooooooooth. I'll put up the dyno sheets later when I get to work and can use a scanner. In the next few days I'm going to pull a log to use on Airboy's spreadsheet (i've read they modified it for the 5EAT now) so I can see how those dyno numbers compare to the spreadsheet.

How do you all think it looks? In another thread I posted this in people say the WHP is low (and I even think the boost is too low), but how does the delta look for going from Stage 1 to the parts I listed above?

First attachment is Stage 1 vs Stage 2 of TQ/HP

Second is boost and AFR of the Stage 2 setup

for reference, here is my stage 1 baseline thread: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108813 ..there are some plots in the 10th post, they're upside-down in the PDF, though...

Scan001.PDF

Scan002.PDF

Edited by snow05gtRI

those numbers do look really low for the mods and a tune. or maybe theres more drivetrain loss with the 5EAT than i thought?

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

2003 Outback Sedan Limited

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

"Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces"

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110220

thats my Stage 2 thread, similar to the stage 1 thread I posted. There is a link in there someone posted of another person getting dyno'd at the same garage a few days after I did. They're making 10WHP more than I am, but with less mods, a 5MT, and the cobb OTS stage 2 tune.

New tires should be going on Friday (still have dedicated winters on), and the weekend weather looks promising so I can finally pull a log for the Airboy spreadsheet.

• 3 weeks later...

Dyno Tuned at Yimi Sport in Santa Clarita.

08 Spec B (3,500 miles)

Completely stock down to paper filter it dynoed at 236 whp 261 wtq (their 08 STI dynoed at 235 whp stock). I am surprised at the stock numbers.

With open source tune it dynoed at 243.78 whp 281.50 wtq. Increase is mild but power comes on much stronger, much sooner and much smoother.

I will post up the sheets soon.

Edited by Omen
correction

Your torque seems awefully high. You must have a special car. It's weird how some of these tend to dyno much higher than others. The guy who tuned my 08 gt has an 09 spec b and my car puts out a lot more power than his and he has more mods. It really seems like the 08's put out more power than other years. I always seem to notice people who have an 08 gt or spec b post higher numbers. It's weird.

Let's not forget dynos are tools and should really be used as a before and after comparison. I really think by and large oftentimes numbers are taken out of context. Not only that, but used as an absolute truth and/or ammunition by some.

Let's not forget dynos are tools and should really be used as a before and after comparison. I really think by and large oftentimes numbers are taken out of context. Not only that, but used as an absolute truth and/or ammunition by some.

I will have to agree with you 100% there. HP and TQ don't really mean a whole lot when trying to compare to other cars. Often times, people brag about their hp and tq and think that they can beat anything because they think their numbers are higher. But I've seen a 600hp car beat a 1000hp car before....so those numbers really don't mean a whole lot....but when you use them to see what impact a new part has on your car, then those numbers are valuable.