LegacyGT.com

Official Turbo Upgrade & Dyno Tuned Thread

mikeyan

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, when at home, boosting 21 psi (no awd dyno here) running 12.86-12.96.

E/T's aren't good indicators of Power - what were your trap speeds?

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

Anybody else think this is a rather high reading dyno?

Righto - every dyno is absolutely set up differently, and likely measures differently. Without the context of 'what other stock cars' run on that dyno it's only 'entertainment'. Anothing thing to keep in mind - 'smoothing'. that dyno curve wasn't 'smoothed'. Non-smoothed dyno's jump around like that and can show higher-than-real numbers as a little peak touches a higher point on the scale. If that were smoothed to some degree, I bet it'd be 5?10? hp (peak) lower.

Or, his car is a ringer. :D

Now...if it were a spec.B... :D

2007 5eat

Specifications:

• Eng Torque T WC (Ft-Lb): 245
    Eng Power T WC (HP): 232
    AFR (Ratio): 16.2
    -15 to +45 (PSI) 17.5
  • K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake
  • Cobb V.2 Accessport
  • Surgeline protune by Tim Bailey
  • X02 Racing Catless Downpipe
  • X02 Racing Catback Exhaust
  • IPT Valve Body

Edited by Habitual Line Stepper

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Righto - every dyno is absolutely set up differently, and likely measures differently. Without the context of 'what other stock cars' run on that dyno it's only 'entertainment'. Anothing thing to keep in mind - 'smoothing'. that dyno curve wasn't 'smoothed'. Non-smoothed dyno's jump around like that and can show higher-than-real numbers as a little peak touches a higher point on the scale. If that were smoothed to some degree, I bet it'd be 5?10? hp (peak) lower.

Or, his car is a ringer. :D

Now...if it were a spec.B... :D

Only other stock car I can compare with on that same dyno is my friends 07' G35x. His car had about same mileage and he went 1 weekend after me. he has the new VQ HR I think 306HP 268TQ to the fly. He dynoed in about 230whp and 200wtq on the same dyno as I did my pulls. Thats the only comparison I have with a stock car.

I hope I have a factory freak, cuz my last car was a factory dud

Only other stock car I can compare with on that same dyno is my friends 07' G35x. His car had about same mileage and he went 1 weekend after me. he has the new VQ HR I think 306HP 268TQ to the fly. He dynoed in about 230whp and 200wtq on the same dyno as I did my pulls. Thats the only comparison I have with a stock car.

I hope I have a factory freak, cuz my last car was a factory dud

How does your car compare to your friend's, those HR's run pretty strong.

How does your car compare to your friend's, those HR's run pretty strong.

See 10 posts above yours, I posted dyno chart up there.

Same dyno:

222whp/251wtq - Stock 08' 5MT LGT 5k miles

~230whp/200wtq - Stock 07' Automatic G35X 5k miles.

08' LGT 5MT

Mods: Stock

222WHP/251WTQ

Anyone else notice the CF: SAE???

I noticed on some other dynos that people had no CF's...I have no idea what role that plays.

He must have one of those hand built cherry picked motors.

My friend had his EVO IX MR with FMIC RAM air intake, Boost controller (21.6 PSI), TBE (high flow cat), and tunned that put down 325 and 316...

Edited by Living Legacy

Anyone else notice the CF: SAE???

I noticed on some other dynos that people had no CF's...I have no idea what role that plays.

My friend had his EVO IX MR with FMIC RAM air intake, Boost controller (21.6 PSI), TBE (high flow cat), and tunned that put down 325 and 316...

The SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) Correction Factor considers a standard of 77°F (25°C) day with 0% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.234 in-Hg (99 KPa) [sAE J1349]. This is a factor of 1.04. So on a hotter/humid day the correction factor would drop according to the following equation:

http://www.land-and-sea.com/images/dyno/tech%20talk/SAE_J1349_formula.gif

cfis the final correction factor multiplier

Pd is the pressure of dry air in hPa

(990 hPA = 99 kPa)

Tc is the air's temperature in degrees Celsius

Most tuners use this SAE correction factor to avoid differences in weather related conditions.

It is also important to note that AMS uses a DYNOJET dyno that tends to read on the slightly higher side as opposed to the MUSTANG dyno that reads on the slightly lower side. Here is my Dyno from AMS with the mods described above by Living Legacy. Hope this helps clear anything up!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/imag33/BenEgan-93oct-stockturbo.jpg

Frankly, Corrected Dyno measurements are worthless. I don't care about what my car 'theoretically' would produce on a standard day - I want to know what my car DID produce THAT day. :)

Especially for Turbo/SC cars? Leave Correction OFF.

:D

Frankly, Corrected Dyno measurements are worthless. I don't care about what my car 'theoretically' would produce on a standard day - I want to know what my car DID produce THAT day. :)

Especially for Turbo/SC cars? Leave Correction OFF.

:D

I understand where you're coming from... But I think you might think differently when you get your car dyno'd on a VERY hot & Humid day, and it reads like 40 whp lower than everyone else.

I think the CF should be used in order to COMPARE dyno's, as it makes things more standard. I am neither FOR nor AGAINST using it (although I'm glad they did use it cause it was an extremely hot and humid day :D). Just my opinion

I understand where you're coming from... But I think you might think differently when you get your car dyno'd on a VERY hot & Humid day, and it reads like 40 whp lower than everyone else.

I think the CF should be used in order to COMPARE dyno's, as it makes things more standard. I am neither FOR nor AGAINST using it (although I'm glad they did use it cause it was an extremely hot and humid day :D). Just my opinion

I dunno, ya know. I think I'd still be more interested in the power actually put down - not a guess as to what it 'could' have made under ideal situation. I mean, I don't know too many folk who'd want the corrected number if they dyno'd on a VERY cool day (20 degrees) and high Baro pressure, etc.

I dyno'd my rx8 saturday - was 95 degrees. Car made 173whp. Some sorta Dynacomp? or something? dyno...it's made close to 200 before. In January. 40 degrees, etc. :)

• 1 month later...

Just got my dyno tune at Precision Tuning here in NJ :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbwXtSBoLB4]YouTube - 2005 Subaru LegacyGT dyno'd at Precision Tuning[/ame]

2005 ABP LGT 5MT

Perrin TMIC and Recirc. BOV

AVO Panel Filter

Crucial Racing UP, DP, & RP (catless)

Magnaflow Catback.

Everything else is stock :) It's tuned to about 17.5psi (their sensor reads 1.5psi high)

And they put my graph up compared to a Stock 08 STi.

DSC02202.jpg.0bd9effcfb56994fb3eec7a89c839c70.jpg

Edited by derffred