LegacyGT.com

Aux-In Solution for 05/06 (Soldering Req) - No Silent CD

mvigneau

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spent all day today soldering and painstakingly putting it together. With the close proximetry of the soldering I hope I did it right. Not a job for the faint at heart but not too difficult as well. Make sure you remember how to put it back together. I kinda had to jigsaw puzzle it back since I took it apart quickly.

• 5 weeks later...

To Starhm, Peteyjr, Si'sLGT

I have my installation in 2yr's and works perfectly. I don't think it is the board. The wires are very small and it is possible to have nicked the wire while trying to renove the insulation. This could cause a break at that point due to some shifting of the wiring. Another possibility is that the traces were not cut properly. I have installed 4 of these and you must be careful.

i checked the continuity between the traces...they were severed. i have to pull the radio again now that the car is back in the garage. i will check them again and free up the wires and report back. maybe i should send my spare radio to you. how much do you charge. i did buy a second board to play with...

Usually when I turn the car on it is already ready to go with the Ipod. Every once in a while, it'll turn on right to the radio. ??? Whatever, it's a button to press. It's much better than the wireless FM transmitter I was using. Only issue I have is the constant high-pitched noise that occurs at higher volumes. I'm using a GLI. I sort of thought that this was inherent to the design, but I wonder if I'm just having some issues? Gas, any experience with high-pitched tone at higher volumes (8-10+ level). If I pump the volume WAY up (during silence of course, if music is playing my ears would bleed), it's almost sort of staticy sounding with the high pitched tone.

that is what im getting, a mix of low static with low interlaced popping more pronounced at higher volumes. more noticable, obviously, at breaks in the music. i will have the radio out this week again. im off and will take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
I took a look at your ink. All 4 positions on the radio are being used for various functions (CD CHR BAND TAPE). You would have to find a momentary switch that you don't use (one of the other buttons) or add one in for mine to work (separate switch). I am not sure if the tuner is the same (probably not), so you would have to find left/right output on the tuner and use that to splice into with my board.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick props to Michael ... got his kit last week, had a local car audio shop - Highline Car Audio - put it together and install it, and now I've got top notch aux in on my 05 LGT. I couldn't be happier :-)

-Sergei

^ sent PM!

After seeing Eric from Highline put together the board, take out the stereo, take the stereo apart, modify the stereo, etc. the labor is worth EVERY penny. IMO, this mod is not easy, even with Michael's OCD-like instructions and there's a lot of room for error if you're not careful.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to installing mine. I don't have anything to add that hasn't been previously mentioned, but would like to say thanks! It's a well sorted and documented kit, and clearly the best solution for the money.

Thanks!!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I just realised that I haven't commented here since I got the board installed a few months ago.

I had a few mistakes on the install... worst of all was I had the power flipped going to the new board, but just ordered a couple extra IC's (the 16-pin and 14-pin chips) to replace the ones sent with the board, and now it works wonderfully. The high pitched whine that everyone talks about is only noticeable when no music is playing, or if you're playing a podcast that just has people talking or something like that, but for those situations I've found that you can EQ away almost all of the whine (for podcasts) by turning the treble as low as it will go.

i found this whine with the car off...and under the hood. my whine seemed to be electrical interference from around the tmic. i found it in the garage one day when the ignition was on without the car running and the radio off. the pulse and breaks lined up with what i was hearing over the radio. cant figure out what is doing it though. still like the aux in.

• 2 months later...
i found this whine with the car off...and under the hood. my whine seemed to be electrical interference from around the tmic. i found it in the garage one day when the ignition was on without the car running and the radio off. the pulse and breaks lined up with what i was hearing over the radio. cant figure out what is doing it though. still like the aux in.

That whine under the TMIC is your electronic throttle plate motor....

"Gimme mines Balboa...Gimme mines".....Clubber Lang - Mr. T

Archived