LegacyGT.com

Clutch advice

ABPillinois

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the legacys the spec clutch will work with the oem flywheel but the act clutch wont work with the oem flywheel. From what i know Act only works with Act.

re read what I typed....the story on lgt.com is that an act clutch will not work with a stock LGT lgt flywheel, however, many folks are doing an act clutch and wrx oem flywheel.

I have found a killer deal on a 06 spec wrx clutch and oem wrx flywheel. i don't see why it wouldn't work....seeing that everyone is using some sort of set up combination clutch with an oem or aftermarket wrx flywheel.

looking for some confirmation that it will work

re read what I typed....the story on lgt.com is that an act clutch will not work with a stock LGT lgt flywheel, however, many folks are doing an act clutch and wrx oem flywheel.

I have found a killer deal on a 06 spec wrx clutch and oem wrx flywheel. i don't see why it wouldn't work....seeing that everyone is using some sort of set up combination clutch with an oem or aftermarket wrx flywheel.

looking for some confirmation that it will work

ACT clutch is a modded 06+ rex clutch. It will work with any flywheel designed for an 06+ WRX (ACT, OEM, etc)

ACT clutch is a modded 06+ rex clutch. It will work with any flywheel designed for an 06+ WRX (ACT, OEM, etc)

Yes we have established this about act....

is it the same for SPEC.

an 06 spec wrx clutch and 06 oem wrx flywheel will work on an 05 gt correct.

I have narrowed the choices down to an exedy stage 1 clutch and act streetlight fly or a wrx spec clutch and oem fly combo. the spec combo saves me $200

both are rated for the same hp/torque.

There aren't many reviews for either right now. at least not that I can find. I rode in/drove a wrx with the exedy combo and it wasn't bad.

I think from what I have researched the spec 06+ Wrx cluth with the oem Wrx fly should work. I noticed the WRX clutches were quite a bit cheaper than the Legacy.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

it should work just fine. Man, I am reading posts on NASIOC and it's crazy... There are posts on Spec and ACt both only lasting 10-20k miles....Exedy seems to be the only one that has a history of holding up longer......

I think from what I have researched the spec 06+ Wrx cluth with the oem Wrx fly should work. I noticed the WRX clutches were quite a bit cheaper than the Legacy.

it should work just fine. Man, I am reading posts on NASIOC and it's crazy... There are posts on Spec and ACt both only lasting 10-20k miles....Exedy seems to be the only one that has a history of holding up longer......

What power level are these guys at?

Hi,

I have 2007 european model of Legacy, 2.0R, aspirated. I want to change the flywheel and clutch with similar from Forester XT Turbo (because Legacy have it dual-mass flywheel and I have some problem with them...also smelling clutch). Anybody make this exchange?

How hard it's to make this modification?

What it's the feeling after that? It's too hard to push the pedal? I ask that because many time my wife drive the car and I don't want to be inconfortable.

I have to say I am not that familiar with the australian 2.0r.....I would check out post #4 in that link you sent....that person claims that a 2.0r does not have a dual mass fly.

I forgot a part of that sentence in my post above ...the USDM I know for a fact is as stated above....

Give these guys an email or call.... or contact exedy....they are the oem clutch supplier for Subaru

http://thmotorsports.com/Store/Product/ItmGroupDetail.aspx?GroupId=50052&Make=SUBARU

you will see

#15804 2004-2007 Legacy GT is listed to be a push type

#15801 98-2005 Forester (SOHC) is pull type

now, if you have a 97-05 legacy (SOHC) those models do in fact use the same clutch..... #15801.

Unfortunately that site has nothing listed for an 07 Forester.

also helpful

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=775679&highlight=spec+clutch

Thanks, man. Very useful. I discuss with my dealer and hi tell me then will be change everything: flywheel, cluth kit, practically all clutch system. So, it's not important if it's push or pull. When I finish, I tell you how is it. :D

can you use a spec wrx clutch and oem wrx fly? it would be like using a wrx act clutch and oem wrx fly wouldn't it?

awesome set up. pedal is light, clutch is grabby....I can now truly feel the power that the last tune gave me.

minimil shudder until you get used to the difference in the flywheel weight....

car feels amazing

pics of the toasted clutch here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74705

Looks like a fun job.

I can't wait to have someone else install my clutch.

it was well worth 400 bucks to pay someone to do that, a short shifter and bushings...

the dealer wanted $570 for just the clutch install

I need to find a shop local for $400 the dealer want 550. Might have to drive to Chicago (2.5 hours). Christmas will come first and then I can get my clutch.

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Archived