LegacyGT.com

Max whp on 5MT

05gtlimited300

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i understand what your saying and im actually quite impressed. m5's are pretty damn quick .

Fixed

A tdo6 20g with meth will get you the 350 you are looking for .

No it wont :)

I really don't understand why anyone would put in a turbo that is smaller than 90 lbs or so :lol:

and 4 more cylinders :lol::lol:

I still vote for SZ49..performance aside, its still got a cool name and free rebuilds for life.

Quote of the day :lol:

If you can get 375whp with a 2.0, then you should be able to get atleast that much with a 2.5, thats what I was saying. If you put an 18g, fmic, and alky on a LGT you should be even faster.

There is also another thread on LGT of an STI with a vf 39 and alky making like 360 or 370 hp. And I know Buschur Racing has gotten I think like mid 300hp from a vf 39. I just looked, it wasnt that much it was just a little over 300hp, but over 370lbft of torque.

ha, I misread a lot of stuff apparently. I was reading torque and not hp. tq and hp for both of the cars in that last paragraph was like 305hp, and 370 tq. my bad!

If you can get 375whp with a 2.0, then you should be able to get atleast that much with a 2.5, thats what I was saying. If you put an 18g, fmic, and alky on a LGT you should be even faster.

There is also another thread on LGT of an STI with a vf 39 and alky making like 360 or 370 hp. And I know Buschur Racing has gotten I think like mid 300hp from a vf 39. I just looked, it wasnt that much it was just a little over 300hp, but over 370lbft of torque.

Link us dyno plots because these numbers are very nigh...

a LGT with an 18g and FMIC will make around 300 no way a 2.0l WFX is making 375 WHP

If I can find a dynochart, or the guy that has the 18g WRX I will get more info for you. He was a friend of mine when I lived in SC. But unfortunately I dont live there anymore.. but I will look for info. His car was actually in one of the import magazines, it might have even been Subiesport. I think I have the magazine at home somewhere, I will look for that too.

Link us dyno plots because these numbers are very nigh...

a LGT with an 18g and FMIC will make around 300 no way a 2.0l WFX is making 375 WHP

375whp is a bit high for a 2.0L with an 18g but it does seem borderline achievable since one of my friends got this from his 2.0L WRX wagon with an 18g on pump CA91 + meth:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/BiggSean/tunes/pumpvmeth.jpg

Well, I havent got his dyno but here is a post from Nasioc:

Bone stock tranny and EJ205, Deadbolt td05h 18g 7cm, Perrin FMIC, 820cc injectors, SMC 100% meth injection, custom puck clutch, Walbro, and other supporting mods ----> 11.7 @ 122 mph

I believe he has the record for the fastest WRX with the stock block, or atleast he used to.

375whp is a bit high for a 2.0L with an 18g but it does seem borderline achievable since one of my friends got this from his 2.0L WRX wagon with an 18g on pump CA91 + meth:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d14/BiggSean/tunes/pumpvmeth.jpg

Didn't Merv put down something in the neighborhood of 335whp w/Perrin TMIC and few other bolt ons with his 18g also? I would imagine with meth and FMIC he would come very close to 375whp.

Didn't Merv put down something in the neighborhood of 335whp w/Perrin TMIC and few other bolt ons with his 18g also? I would imagine with meth and FMIC he would come very close to 375whp.

A bit less than that. I think just over 300whp, but I think there was definitely more left in his setup. That all won't matter soon enough since he's got some significant upgrades in the pipeline ;)

An 18g will be very hard pressed to hit 375whp as that will be pushing it right to the edge of the compressor map. You'd need race gas (or good pump gas and meth) and an aggressive tune to get there.

18g really matches the 2.0 power band pretty well. Its not a bad turbo for a 2.5, but in the upper rpms, it can't supply enough air for the 2.5.

The 18g is pretty much perfect for the 2.0L. It's not bad on the 2.5L, but I always recommend at least a 20g for people upgrading the turbo on a 2.5L. Really, I like something in the FP Green/SZ49 size class on a daily driven street 2.5L.

Archived