LegacyGT.com

CASTROL Import Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)

RAPTR

Hey fellas,

My wife's 05' LGT 5EAT needs ATF fluid replacement and unless I want to buy an enormous amount of the OEM fluid, I can't find any of the Repair Manuals suggested substitutions. I did some research and found this;

CASTROL Import Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF)

Click the link to see the specifications. What do you guys think? I also e-mailed Castrol to hear their opinion. http://www.castrol.com/liveassets/bp_internet/castrol/castrol_usa/STAGING/local_assets/downloads/p,q/pds_ImportMV.pdf

It states in the data that it meets all Subaru transmission requirements and Nissans type-j requirements.

Kragens and others thought I was retarded but there was no way I was going to put any of that type -f ATF fluid in her car. One of the guys thought that Jaguars only use type-j ATF fluids. Love to hear what you guys think.

Hey fellas,

My wife's 05' LGT 5EAT needs ATF fluid replacement and unless I want to buy an enormous amount of the OEM fluid, I can't find any of the Repair Manuals suggested substitutions. I did some research and found this;

Since the Subaru fluid (IDEMITSU ATF-HP/PSF) comes in one quart (32 fl oz) containers and it only takes four (minus 300ml, for me) I don't understand the "enormous" part.

Some things like engine oil or rear diff fluids you have some choices with, but when it comes to your Subaru's 5EAT you should stick to the recommended fluid.

Archived