LegacyGT.com

Clutch Adjustable??

bradlgt21

I know our clutch is hydraulic but is there any way to adjust it? It feels like my clutch doesn't grab until the very top. It is really annoying to drive and I pretty much can't go from a stop without it being jerky. And second gear is pretty rough I only do it smoothly about 75% of the time. I have driven another LGT with 5mt and found it much easier. Not to mention other stick shift hydraulic clutch cars and mine sucks. It has been like this pretty much since day one, so I know its not the clutch wearing out, but I am sure that isn't helping matters any.

FWIW, you're welcome to drive my car for a comparison. Of the four LGT's I've driven, three had very different clutch engagement feels to them... so much that it felt like you were driving a different make of car. Rich's is by far the most difficult, IMO, my wife's 05 isn't bad, she doesn't complain, but its very different from both Rich's and my car. I've adapted to mine. Its not my favorite, but I wouldn't classify it as something being wrong other than a crappy design. I'm able to shift smoothly. I didn't really notice anything different about Rob's pedal so I would have to say his 05 feels a lot like mine.
ignore him, he'll go away.

FWIW, you're welcome to drive my car for a comparison. Of the four LGT's I've driven, three had very different clutch engagement feels to them... so much that it felt like you were driving a different make of car. Rich's is by far the most difficult, IMO, my wife's 05 isn't bad, she doesn't complain, but its very different from both Rich's and my car. I've adapted to mine. Its not my favorite, but I wouldn't classify it as something being wrong other than a crappy design. I'm able to shift smoothly. I didn't really notice anything different about Rob's pedal so I would have to say his 05 feels a lot like mine.

+1 on Rich's MT, 5th sucked ass.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Archived