LegacyGT.com

very strange shifting problem...

16psibrick

got a very strange shifting problem recently.

rough first to second gear shifts ONLY when AC is on...

without AC absolutely fine, no prlblem ever, over 5k miles, but as soon as the AC goes on, it shifts funny...but only 1-2 second gear shifts...

computer glitch? or perhaps a grounding problem causing an unnatural drop in voltage? anyone else ever experience this?

b

5eat...

andrew, do yo uhave the same issue?

b

With my 5MT and the AC on, the rpms drop more quickly between shifts because of the added compressor load. Something like that is probably affecting your AT.

5eat...

andrew, do yo uhave the same issue?

b

No, but I did some searching before posting my problem to see if anyone else had similar ones and ran across this thread. I sympathize. I am tired of dealign with problem with this car.

I have a 5MT. I started a thread here about my cars tranny issues. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66170

next to the turbo. on the heatshield you'll see some lettering for the diff fluid or something, there is a dipstick, thats where you add it. can't remember if its under the top mount as its been a while since i had the stock turbo/top mount.

Outstanding!!! Thanks, I wish I had access to those.

possibly. what i did (without the top mount...which you could take off) is just plug the hole on the bottle with my finger and then drop it in the tranny filler tube quickly, saved the money of having to buy a funnel. you could probably find a funnel with a flex tube at walmart though...don't know if they're over in GER but i imagine so

possibly. what i did (without the top mount...which you could take off) is just plug the hole on the bottle with my finger and then drop it in the tranny filler tube quickly, saved the money of having to buy a funnel. you could probably find a funnel with a flex tube at walmart though...don't know if they're over in GER but i imagine so

No Walmart here. We have ATU. It is like a Autozone. It is not great but it is the only thing we have.

find a buddy with an old beer funnel he doesn't want anymore?? :lol:

actually you could get away using a piece of old vacuum hose/tubing. or could pick up some at the ATU. most if not all gear oil bottles have pointed tips to them, its not like an oil bottle. so you could just put the hose over the end and squeeze. remember we're talking about 75 weight oil here, it doesn't exactly flow like water. also, don't let the bottle tip over and spill in your trunk :rolleyes: its the worst smell ever that pretty much won't come out (should have learned my lesson from when it happened to my roommate....)

Archived