LegacyGT.com

***2008 One Piece KeyFob Group Buy***

RezaLaleh

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
plus you're gonna pop a nut with that in your pants pocket.

helluva lot better than the old sesnsitive remotes. its a lot bigger having the key + the remote my jeans compared to this 1 piece unit.

i love it and it saves room in the pockets.

THANKS REZA!

I got the remotes upgraded to less sensitive (and with smaller unlock button) ones by my dealer (there is TSB for that) and have zero issues since then.

plus you're gonna pop a nut with that in your pants pocket.

If you measure your current key you'll see that its no longer or wider. At its widest point, the old key is approximately the same width as this one. It is a tad thicker though. So really its just more square.

What's the point if it doesn't fold out like the VWs? I see no point in buying this for 149. I suppose its the buttons on the key making it 1 unit instead of 2 but i wish they made a flip out one!

i think you solved the mystery young detective.

i may be overlooking something here, but lemme get this straight haha.

if i buy this keyfob, i can program it myself and use it with my 06 LGT right? locks and alarm?

No, The Key and Fob need to be programmed by a dealer. This group buy is for SoCal because I am here and I will be programming them.

Are people outside of SoCal able to get in on this?

You can but I will not be able to program your key and Fob. You would be responsible for the programming them. You can take it to your local dealer and i have no idea how much they will charge.

I am planning on making another Group Buy for peeps outside of SoCal tomorrow. Again, there will be no programming included in that group buy, the price will be lower since there will be no programming.

Stay Tuned.

Thank You

-Reza

Alright...

So my question is, by program the key/remotes do you mean the key's immobilizer chip?

The reason I'm asking, is because I have a 2.5i, there's no immobilizer chip in my key.

If this is the case, I would just need to program the remote part of the key. And would I still have to go to the dealer to program the lock, unlock etc. buttons?

Yes, I am talking about the immobilizer.

Since you don't have that, you don't need to worry about the chip. However, the remote part needs to be programmed. There is a way to do that without using the dealer computer. Refer to your owners manual to see if it teaches you how to . If not, let me know and I will send you the instruction with the cut key, (if you do elect to buy the key).

Archived