LegacyGT.com

An Illustrated Guide to Getting Rid of that Feet Smell

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm bumping this thread, becuase i now have the smell and want it gone...is there any actual, EASY TO OBTAIN (i.e. walmart) spray?

that link someone dropped above to bg products looked good, but i did some research and a can of BG frigi-fresh costs $28!!

a bunch of people (from googling) have given it great reviews though.

edit: oh wait, here's somewhere selling it cheap:

http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=viewPrintablePage&partid=185172&siteid=55&catalogid=3329

• 1 year later...

I don't know how effective it will be for everyone else but my preferred method for controlling the smell is to crank up the heat to max, recirc off, A/C off, fan on max. After letting it run for 10-15 min, I just turn off the fan and the next time I use the A/C, all is well.

I'm sure the chemicals are just as (if not more) effective than my ghetto way but I think the key part in keeping the A/C smelling nice is preventative maintenance. I found that turning the A/C and recirc off while letting the fan run a few minutes (or miles) before you reach your destination helps to dry off the internal parts (at least that's what it seems like since the humidity seems to spike) and thus keeps the smell at bay.

• 1 month later...

Kind of bumping an old thread...

This summer reminded me of this problem that I always seem to forget about in the winter :redface:

The smell that comes from my AC/vents isn't so much "feet" as it is "my sweaty balls after working out in a gym with no ventilation"

Anyway. Since I live in Boulder (whoa, bro) and am of the ilk that doesn't like to breathe in bleach, pine sol, fragrance aerosols, etc... I thought I'd pass on the wisdom of Tea Tree Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil

Both essential oils are antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral and obviously all natural. Take a spray bottle filled with warm water and add 3 drops of lavender and 2 drops of tea tree oil to it. Gently swirl it around and there you have your mixture to use in the procedure outlined in post #1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to Subaru, they have an ac cleaner kit. It consists of a small can for air intake at windshield, and a large can with plastic tubing to spray into evaporator drain tube under car. It foams up inside and drains back out. Costs about 25 total and 30 minutes of your time.

Worked pretty well. No moldy smell anymore. Does smell a bit like chemical, but that will disappear eventually. It's faded mostly in the last month or two.

• 1 year later...
Kind of bumping an old thread...

This summer reminded me of this problem that I always seem to forget about in the winter :redface:

The smell that comes from my AC/vents isn't so much "feet" as it is "my sweaty balls after working out in a gym with no ventilation"

Anyway. Since I live in Boulder (whoa, bro) and am of the ilk that doesn't like to breathe in bleach, pine sol, fragrance aerosols, etc... I thought I'd pass on the wisdom of Tea Tree Essential Oil and Lavender Essential Oil

Both essential oils are antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral and obviously all natural. Take a spray bottle filled with warm water and add 3 drops of lavender and 2 drops of tea tree oil to it. Gently swirl it around and there you have your mixture to use in the procedure outlined in post #1

I used tea tree oil throughout the house I purchased last year to kill all the mold. The stuff is great, I actually like the smell, and much healthier to breathe than bleach...

Archived