LegacyGT.com

My 07 with Megan Coilovers

natoli4

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all, I used to own a WRX Wagon that I totaled a few months back and literally walked away from...anyway, I took what I could salvage and totaled the car.

Now It's been a few months and I've finally started on my new project! my 07 Outback! Let me know what you think!

Holy crap! All I have to say is you're one lucky s.o.b.!:eek:

Next time your at 4 on 6 cfdrumr come on in and say hello. Like I said I'm there on Wednesday nights unless something comes up. I have not tried the Number 3 roll, I usually get the Omakasa (spelling) from him. As far as trading stocks plus cash.....no thanks. But you can order everything on Tirerack.com...I paid $2675.00 for everything shipped to So Cal. Not cheap but I do enjoy the look. The car is going to Subie Specialties next week to see if one of the struts is hitting something up front. Maybe to low...Not sure. Also need to replace the current mufflers which are just too darn loud. going back to stock from the axle back if I can get it fabricated to fit the cobb turbo back that's on the car!

Sorry, car ended up having to stay at subie specialties yesterday until this morning. the right front strut has a ring that holds the something in place came loose. I also had my old stock mufflers reinstalled and new tips put on all of which took longer to do that anticipated. I ended up having to rent a car for the night! anyhow, $400 bucks later and I'm finally back at work. I think we are going over tonight..have to check to see if my buddy can meet up with us. I'll send you a PM if we end up going.

• 1 month later...
I really like how your outback looks. you dont see too many lowered outbacks. i would like to see an outback sedan lowered. i think that would look nice. i might have missed it, but that was one bad accident you had...what happened??? Your old wagon looked nice too...it looks like you got rear ended by a truck!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks, I checked with

http://www.ausubaru.com/index.php?pageid=liftkits

but they haven't gotten back to me on what exactly the kit consists of...

I'm guessing it's just spacers for the struts and blocks for the back but have no idea.

I'd try and run them with some 17's and winter/offroad tires that are roughly 28" outer diameter. The thing about the current wheel wells is that no matter how high you go you really can't run bigger tires...currently my set up runs 27.2 outer diameter which is .4 inches bigger than stock without any rubbing issues. Not sure on how it would work with the megans that I have. To Be continued.

funny! I usually go to dinner either on Wednesday or Thursday but anyway, my car has been a handful lately so trying to drive as little as possible. Have the stock suspension in now until I can get my megans back and figure out my next step. How's your ride coming along?

• 1 month later...
update to the ride...had problems with the coilovers so as noted earlier I took them out and had them rebuilt by boostjunkie. Also, purchased a set of rota 17's and some Yokohama Geolanders from Tirerack. The tires are 27.8" round so a good inch over stock and barely clearing the front wheel well. The ride with the car as high as it will go per megan specs and with the extra rubber is quite nice. I really enjoy the ride. here's some pics. Before and after.

IMG_0975.jpg.4ee5ad727f858065f04f41fd234bff6f.jpg

IMG_0178_2.jpg.83e6ac8cb9a547b4dc8c5cce206edc0a.jpg

• 1 year later...
a few new shots. Painted the wheels Matte Black and added a 5mm spacer to push the wheels out just a bit. Looks much better even though it's just a small spacer. Also took the interior apart and added stereo controls in place of the shifters on the steering wheel...love that as I never used the shifters. Lastly purchased some 3M sticker on ebay that really looks like carbon and redid the entire interior wood pieces. Doors sucked to take apart but look pretty good.

IMG_1321.jpg.561333221625b69afae1d1efc8268c97.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg.9b28862bd3de7dc8a3a8c519c553d49b.jpg

Very nicely done.

You mentioned you have the Megan' dialed up as high as they go - how is this in comparison to the stock ride height? I'm liking the look of the added rubber the Geolanders offer...wondering if running this same size tire on stock ride height would cause any rubbing issues.

The max height is roughly stock height. I actually now have it just a bit lower than stock to help balance it a bit more. Had the coilovers set up at westend alignment. Daren can always dial in any car. Tires do rub but it's very rare. It's been two seasons with this set up and the cars wheel wells are still in good shape. I actually had Daren add custom camber bolts that really help the handling and alignment. Thnks for the comments!

Archived