LegacyGT.com

My 07 with Megan Coilovers

natoli4

Hi all, I used to own a WRX Wagon that I totaled a few months back and literally walked away from...anyway, I took what I could salvage and totaled the car.

Now It's been a few months and I've finally started on my new project! my 07 Outback! Let me know what you think!

droppedoutback.jpg.887ae16d8e38caf6cc913ba4185d80f4.jpg

car1.jpg.539997b1b6e7d9902469fcdcf0514c70.jpg

car2.jpg.9fdf0f9f5a39498a6bef301ed46d8c30.jpg

793913024_accidentshots2.thumb.jpg.21316672a0d1e222aee082130c842f2c.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks all. I'll snap a few more this afternoon.

The back raised up a bit after I took out the old suspension out of the back.

also, I can't upload much bigger shot because they have a limit on size.

thanks all. I'll snap a few more this afternoon.

The back raised up a bit after I took out the old suspension out of the back.

also, I can't upload much bigger shot because they have a limit on size.

use a different photo hosting site, http://imageshack.us/

they let you upload as large as you want up to 1.5 MB per image.

nice wagon, thats proof that ppl can still buy LGT wagons and lower them, no excuses about the lift kit since it looks like he removed it.

natoli4's ride height is solely from the MR coilovers. I installed his coilovers for him and his car is setup just about as low as you can go. It could be dropped another .25", but not much more than that.

With respect to the ride, natoli4 called me after I installed his coilovers and he said that he went looking for bumps to hit and while the ride is firmer he remarked that the MR OB coilovers soaked up the bumps very nicely.

ya, soley from the coilovers...I'm gonna see if Boost Junkie can raise the rear just a bit after having a few people in the rear it's bottoming too often for my taste but I'm only gonna raise it 1/4" or so.

thanks for the compliments everyone! gonna try and get some Cobb front and rear brake upgrade next!

I've always liked the fender flares and the lower plastics on the Outback and thought it would look a lot like the Audi Allroad once i got it all done. Happy with everything so far except for the fact that the car has a few rattles that are driving me crazy. Looking forward to tuning it too. Just wish they could get the 07 drive by wire thing sorted out...

Your Outback (color, ride hight, rim size and color etc.) looks awesome. The whole package, very well balanced. Well done! I totally agree with you, natoli4, when I looked at the picture in your first post, it reminded me of Audi S4 Avant or Allroad. Nice.

BTW do you have any more pics? Perhaps a bit higher resolution (bigger)? I'd, and I'm sure many others would, love to see some more of your ride.

Can you share some specs on your rims? You did say these are 19", but what width and offset, where did you find those and how much? Also, what size of rubber you have on those? You probably went with the wider thread and and maintained OEM diameter, right? No rubbing? I'm looking for 19" rims for my XT as well. I know there's a tread about rims for GT and XT but there's no 19" rims listed there for XT.

Cheers

Leo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
nice...I saw your ride on the round 2 forum. Wheels and tires? I'm looking for a winter set up of going to Mammoth. How's it riding for you? I'm pretty happy with the coilovers. I've had three cars with 4 different sets so far and these are by far the most comfortable.

Your Outback (color, ride hight, rim size and color etc.) looks awesome. The whole package, very well balanced. Well done! I totally agree with you, natoli4, when I looked at the picture in your first post, it reminded me of Audi S4 Avant or Allroad. Nice.

BTW do you have any more pics? Perhaps a bit higher resolution (bigger)? I'd, and I'm sure many others would, love to see some more of your ride.

Can you share some specs on your rims? You did say these are 19", but what width and offset, where did you find those and how much? Also, what size of rubber you have on those? You probably went with the wider thread and and maintained OEM diameter, right? No rubbing? I'm looking for 19" rims for my XT as well. I know there's a tread about rims for GT and XT but there's no 19" rims listed there for XT.

Cheers

Leo

I'll post some more pics later today. Rims are from Tirerack.com. They are 19" x 8" with a 43 offset. Tires are Pirelli Rosso with a Tire size is 235/45/19's. No rubbing at all...very close though. I went to Costco and filled the car with supplies for the office..soda, Gatorade, etc. and it sagged quite a bit but no rubbing! I'm very happy with the car although I have a few squeaks and rattles that come up from time to time that are annoying.

I did drive it to Vegas the two weeks ago and it drove very nice...although I've noticed that the car doesn't like extreme heat and almost overheated twice while climing hills in 105 degree weather at 90 miles an hour...larger radiator? anyway...more pics to come.

Archived