Georgia roll call

tougefox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im in atlanta for a bit looking to find where the subie spots are in the atlanta area. please let me know if you want to meetup or know good places/times to catchup with subie people.

i have been wondering the same thing .....lol

• 3 months later...
  • I Donated

I'm looking for some rural dirt roads that I can take my legacy out on. Anyone know of any around the Atlanta are? Specifically west of Atlanta (Paulding, Douglas, Carroll counties)

Anyone that would like to join me once I find a few spots is more then welcome too.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I'm looking for some rural dirt roads that I can take my legacy out on. Anyone know of any around the Atlanta are? Specifically west of Atlanta (Paulding, Douglas, Carroll counties)

Anyone that would like to join me once I find a few spots is more then welcome too.

There's a dirt road out my way but it's not very long.

It has gravel on it.. Called high point rd.

here's a google maps.. hopefully..

[ame=http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Atlanta,+Fulton,+Georgia&ll=33.782322,-84.793918&spn=0.013323,0.023539&t=h&z=16]Google Maps[/ame]

There's really no sense in me joining you..

I've been legacy free for far too long. :(

HOWEVER.. I just spotted one on CL..

I'm considering buying another DD car.. something quicker and more maneuverable than my truck..

Edited by darkfox1
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• I Donated

that road is all straight lol.

I think I found another one about 1/2 mile west of there

whats wrong, you don't want to take out the vette? haha

Edited by broknindarkagain

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

that road is all straight lol.

I think I found another one about 1/2 mile west of there

whats wrong, you don't want to take out the vette? haha

I don't own the vette anymore.

it kept breaking..

that road's rather hilly. I drove down it recently.

you wanna get muddy just come ot my house after it rains and back into my back yard, then try to get out. :lol: that'll get ya muddy.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• I Donated

What are you driving now? I saw a torch red vette today on 92 going towards douglasville on my way to work. I was thinking it might be you.

I might just take you up on that lol. I have a friend that lived off of Brownsville....his house burned down...after they finished clearing the lot of the burned house, we went over there after it rained for a week. It was loads of fun.

What are you driving now?

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs657.snc4/61751_10150269113920481_671785480_14830535_3901338_n.jpg

:(

consolation prize..

hey at least it's 4wd..

Edited by darkfox1

Do you like your 97?

there's a guy that's got a red 97 LGT for sale up in the mountains up by the TN border on CL for about $3k.

was thinking of giving him a call.. making it a daily driver maybe.. but I dunno anything about subys older than 05.

I have a lead foot and drive the hell out of everything.

it'd be nice to be back in a subaru, but I dunno if I wanna deal with an older car with emissions and potential part failures.

course.. if the engine did fail on me.. I'd be getting an sti short block and doing a build.:icon_twis

• I Donated

stick with 96 and newer so you get the easier to pass obd!! emission test lol.

I know the LGT you're talking about. I have a friend looking at that one too

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Well, I can't bring myself to buy a non-turbo LGT.

I'll just have to save my pennies for a while and get an 05+.. SWP of course.

selling my LGT was a huge mistake.. but I had to come up with $8k and fast to put a roof on my house.. and it was paid off.

• I Donated
Do you like your 97?

I LOVE my 97. I wouldn't want to drive anything else on the road (even out of newer Subarus). They don't cost an arm and a leg to buy, they handle like a dream, they are reliable.....mine is the fastest naturally aspired engine I've ever owned......I have no complaints. Its plenty fast enough as a non-turbo. I'll eventually turbo it one day just for sh*ts and giggles though. I've always wanted to build a turbo motor, but never got a chance to yet.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

if the decision is between a roof and a car no one could ever say you made a huge mistake. plus LGT people take care of their cars so im sure it went to a good home too.

yea but looking back it's kinda like giving up your child becaues you can't feed it. :(

I have owned SO many cars..

when I turned 15 my parents bought me a brand new mercury mountaineer which is what I said I wanted.. in the color and options that I wanted.. in 03 I purchased a brand new chevy silverado with every option I wanted, then I got my subaru in 05.. and I have never owned a car as long or been as happy with a car as I was with that subaru.

4 years and 80k miles and it could still put a smile on my face.

not even the vette could compare. Much to my surprise.. the vette was SCARY.. you'd come down an on-ramp not paying attention to your speed and it'd be WELL above what you expected it to be. (I'm not going to say what it was.. :lol:) That car would spin tires at 65mph if you stomp it.. that's NOT what I want to daily drive! :lol:

My 2010 is nice, my 03 was nice, my 05 was nice.. (I hated my mercury and I'm glad it's gone and I hope its crushed. :mad:) but I didn't LOVE any of my vehicles like my subaru.

Btw.. not all of us took good care of them.. I went 8k miles once w/o an oil change or checking the oil. The dipstick was DRY. :eek: Still.. I abused it on occasion and it was still 100% reliable. You just don't see that anywhere else.

• I Donated
Btw.. not all of us took good care of them.. I went 8k miles once w/o an oil change or checking the oil. The dipstick was DRY. :eek: Still.. I abused it on occasion and it was still 100% reliable. You just don't see that anywhere else.

It may have had more oil in it then you think. My valve cover leaks, and if I get half a quart low on oil, nothing will show on my dipstick at all. I'll put half a quart in, then it will be right in the safe zone.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

oh I'm sure it did.

I'd just driven 2.5 highway hours at about 78mph the night before.

When I think about it.. in the 4 years I had that car I had to change the tires yearly until I got the nice ones (and then promptly sold the car. :mad:) at $88 a tire or so, I had to change oil every.. er.. 3-8kmiles. :lol: and I had to re-do my brakes once at about $2k total for upgraed SS hoses RB rotors and hawkHPS pads and racing brake fluid.. plus the scheduled maint.

the only other thing I ever had ot actually have repaired on the car was the driveshaft boot on the pass. side that was torn from turbo heat.

on my corvette I had to replace 2 tires at $450 each, the drive belts, a pulley, all fluids, $100 oil changes, and it needed 2 new tires and a set of new brakes when I was done with it after only 5 months.

ya gotta pay to play but.. subaru offers a lot more play for a lot less pay than some other performance oriented cars.

hey if your buddy goes and tests that 97 up there in uh.. what is it jeffersonville? and he winds up getting it.. you 2 should take group pics or somethin. it looks really clean from the pics.

• I Donated
I have another buddy with a pretty bad ass 96 Legacy. He has a JDM 2.0 twin turbo - pushing almost 300 horses. He has his lowered, has rims, rolled fenders, carbon fiber hood, etc....

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

He isn't selling it. sorry for the misunderstanding lol.

I'm going to commerce tonight to run my car on the 1/4 if anyone is interested in joining me. 10 bucks to watch and 20 bucks to run your own car

http://atlantadragway.com/apcm/templates/track_info.asp?articleid=10106&zoneid=35

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT