LegacyGT.com

Georgia roll call

tougefox

GA 400 is the georgia autobahn.. or at least thats what people tell me.

sure is, there are a few stretches where you can cruise at 100mph+ with absolutely no worries. Id say average pace on 400 is 80. The last time i did business on my word was when i interviewed for my current job-lol

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sold my project truck on a guys word.. he eventually gave me a downpayment, but I took it off the for sale thing and stopped responding to potential buyers when he gave me his word he was gonna buy it.

I agree people dont deal on peoples word much anymore, I always used to deal with downpayments when I was parting trucks, but even then.. $1 would have been sufficient.. I didnt require some huge amount.

and I like living in the stix.. maybe not with bubbas tho.. I live soundwest of where 92/278 meet by about 5 minutes :p people who live IN atl come out here and are like "DAMN you in da boonies!" they're crazy they dont know what the boonies is.. my parents had a singlewide trailer at the lake for a vacation spot that wasso far out that we couldn't get cable or phone service for it. it was down a dirt road. but man do I miss that place..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

The cool part about where you live is the southeast regional Subaru office is on the same exit 6 flags is. Probably just a few minutes away from you. Its kind of like going to a Subaru museum. :)

the bad thing asbout being out here is tho for subaru SERVICE I have to drive an hour...

btw, last friday, dark blue and tinted in slow lane 20 eastbound.. bout.. 6flags fulton industrial area.. bout 2:45-3pm any of yall?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

no? hrmm.. ok then..

any of yall know a good detailing shop out in the atl area? clay bar wash wax interior detail carpet scrubbing leather detail etc. ? dont really wanna go inside the perimeter.

marta? I'm sorry :( I hear its the worst public transit out there.. but hey its cheaper than gas probablly.. dunno bout safer tho, never been on it, dont plan to be on it.

MARTA is a POS. I ride it every day, parking my Legacy Wagon at the North Springs station and taking the train to Five Points. Doing so saves about a gallon of gas per day, lessens some of the stress and cuts my risk of a wreck by 50%. I just wish there was a quick alternative from my house in Roswell.

Safety is not so much an issue during peak hours as is reliability. The system is badly broken down due to mismanagement and lousy employees.

I'm living in buckhead for the next three weeks, working at delta headquarters @ ATL during the weekdays.

I'm taking MARTA to keep the miles down on the LGT...

why its got no re sale value anyways-lol

they have SOME.. if I had to guess I'd say you might see the most trade in value from a subaru dealer cos they know what it is. So many other people would be like "whats that a scion?" and want to give you $8k for it cos the scions are like 16k new..

unfortunatley if you'er a trade in kinda guy like I am, you're kinda stuck with this car. Mines almost worthelss now.. after only 2 years its valued under 20k.. and thats annoying to me.. tahnk god I got a decent deal or I'd be upside down even with a 6k downpayment last time around.

right now I just want to be w/o a car payment, the extra money would be nice, but I dont want to be driving some old clunker in a few years, so I dont know how thats going to turn out.

not a bad idea really. although being that close to frys might drag me into its gravitational field and make me spend money I dont have. :lol:

I'm only free sat and sun, but I really dont have anything to look at, just an LGT like you see on the lot with a few minor things..

• 4 weeks later...
welcome. Glad to see soeone with another legacy in the area joining the group. I often see the last gen legacies on the road, and even tho I might wave or even just stare at em to see if they notice, they seem to be in a daze.. there used to be a guy in aug. that had an awesome white legacy that was at most an 04, tinted windows, nice rims, looked great, and he was always staring and riding beside me n whatnot heh, I think its cool, despite what subaru may be trying to do with the wrx we still have sort of a sense of exclusivity in the legacy and its cool that people recognize that.

• 1 month later...
Hey all, I'm moving to Valdosta area of GA late this month. I'm coming from Anchorage. Hoping to see some fellow Subaru's and hang out with yall. Let me know if you live nearby so we can meet up sometime soon. By the way, I'm looking at Stage 2 by late November to install, I can't wait. Laters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome Forrest!

I just realized I never participated in this, the "official" GA thread..... I am located in the very northeast corner of Cobb, and my office is down off the 120 loop, just a couple of blocks from the Marietta square.

My car is a '05 LGT Wagon non-limited 5 speed. It's still pretty much stock, except for a Borla catback and AVO panel filter. Smaller stuff includes mud flaps, trailer hitch, hood shield... nothing too exciting. I do hope to go Stage 2 sometime soon.