LegacyGT.com

performance info and more for noobs

Come on we all know stickers make the car go faster! Thats why so many racers have stickers on their cars. Even if you cant see them all. Like the K&N sticker. You dont see it but the K&N makes the car perform better.

Here's another one, came up with it this morning:

Disclaimer: Below is a load of BS, such product does not exist, will not exist, and physically cannot exist, though some day, someone, might try to sell it anyway :).

"Why spend 1000s of hard earn $$$ on expensive intakes, noisy turbos and other last century technology. We live in 21st century! There are modern high tech ways of improving your car performance, while reducing emissions.Try the new product of our next generation car tech, the H2Infusser sticker.

Product requires no professional installation. All you have to do, is to fill up full tank of gas, take a soft lint-free cloth, soak it in cleaning solution and clean a patch of your gas tank on outside of the tank. Than peel of protective layer off H2Infusser sticker, and apply the sticker to cleaned gas tank area. On inside of the sticker is a hydrogen saturated surface. Once it comes into contact with metal, gas tank surface acts as a catalyst for reaction and hydrogen is released from the sticker.

Hydrogen gas has ability do diffuse through metals. Thus, since other side of the sticker is special film, that is impermeable for hydrogen, it has nowhere to go but into gas tank. Unlike in water, hydrogen gas will no accumulate at the top of the tank, but will attach itself to benzene molecules by weak nuclear forces and stay diffused in gasoline. after gasoline takes its trip to engine cylinder, compression stroke of the engine will compress gas mixture, which will raise mixture temperature to a point at which hydrogen breaks off benzene molecules and then, after spark is fired, it burns just like gasoline does, except it produces significantly more energy, causing much more powerful push on a piston head, thus more power, and of course, since it's hydrogen, it produces water as byproduct. However, the amount of that water in so small, that there is no need to change catalytic converters or muffler. Amount of hydrogen per 6.25 sq. inch sticker is enough to 'upgrade' ~200 liters of gasoline. How often you have to change stickers, depends on your car gas tank and car millage (which is now going to be much better thanks to sticker). Avoid using other fuel additives while using H2Infusser:cool:"

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I recently bought a 1991 legacy turbo 5spd. My first subbie. The previous owner installed/did the following:

-enclosed block 2.2 bored out to 2.4

-replaced all exhaust valves and lapped injectors

-04' WRX turbo

-06' WRX top mount intercooler

-excedy clutch

-Manual boost controller (@11psi)

-Turbo back exhaust venting to atmosphere

-Aluminum headers

-Aluminum pistons

-HKS bov

-boost gague

All of these additions have around 5,000 miles.

The problem I am having is that the engine/clutch slips when driven hard in top gears. 1st and 2nd pull strong, but I drive like my grandfather above that.

I find it hard to believe that this racing clutch is already busted, but I cant think of any other causes. If you guys have any suggestions for the slipping, or any other mods that might help my performance, please let me know

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
im new to this thread and new to subarus period, i have a 98 legacy gt and got a turbo out of a junk yard i have everyting but the oil feed lines where do i connect them to after the turbo? and the drain lines too, ive done turbos on other cars like honda and mitsubishi but there alot diffefrent i was just wondering if i had to drill in my oil pan or wat? if you guys dont now can u lead me to somewhere that would now. thank u

Dude, if you have to ask, you really shouldn't do this yourself. I'm not trying to be a d!ck or anything, but you're barking up a very tall tree. Just because you have a turbo sitting on your shelf doesn't mean you're "almost there", as you need to integrate this into an N/A motor, which is much easier said than done. You're better off just swapping in a turbo motor and modifying from there.

i now wat im doing i have done many turbos on mitsubishis and hondas im getting everything new eventualy like internals and such, and if you let me barrow a couple grand ill do an engine swap but for now im just gona turbo it, i found where they go so i got it. thanks anyway

• 11 months later...
Ok, so I'm new to this forum. From a couple posts it seems like it may be possible to put headers and a turbo from a newer wrx on my model? Is this pretty much a direct application? Or how much modification is needed here?

It would be nice to know what year your car is, as well as which engine it has. Start there and try again.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Can I use an EJ257 short block with the rest of my parts from the EJ255? Swapping heads, intake, turbo, etc. In other words is this short block a suitable replacement for the EJ255? Any other short block suggestions to get her back on the road?

from what ive researched, yes the ej257 shortblock is perfect replacement, just it has forged rods and better made pistons from the factory.

• 9 months later...
On my 96 legacy, the air conditioning belt broke because of what I perceive to be a pulley that is freezing up. There are two pulleys for the air conditioner. The lower pulley was plastic and disintegrated. Any suggestions on how to fix the upper pulley and keep it from seizing up again. If this is simple I'm sorry. I am a newbie to the subaru world and mechanics world. But I'm poor so I'm trying to do some of this on my own. Any info would be great. Thanks.

• 7 months later...