LegacyGT.com

performance info and more for noobs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of info you looking? http://www.cars101.com/legacy.html This site has a lot of good basic info. Hope it helps.

thanks i have looked over that already before, im more wondering about swap info between the GT and L and any JDM info as for parts etc..

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

First of all; "Silentracer", "play with toys", & "Reason".... How bout you gentleman pay the credit to all of the sites I got the information from and myself why your at it... Secondly, I gathered this information from all over the web, I admit; mostly from www.sl-i.net, which is an awsome site and has great information. However another good part of it was taken from Wiki.com and written myself. Therfore I had not given or listed many links, nor refreneces as to where or how I got the information; I only said that it was gathered from places online, And I quote; "Within this page you will find some of the most helpful information gathered from all over; Performance site links, helpful suggestions, vehicle specs, and much more helpful information gathered over time".

I did not lead anyone to believe I came up with all of this information on my own. Stop being upset and be happy someone is spredding the information that was available by whomever posted it, and helping those whom haven't taken or do not have the time to look for answers on their own. Hate on me if you wish.....However you feel, Either way I was helping fellow Legacy enthusiasts, and have not taken nor given credit to anyone for anything.

Thank you for you comments and your concern...

-TUND

I can tell what you wrote in the first post just from the grammar. We're not upset that you're spreading the information, but plagiarism is a crime. Not like we're going to go after you, but it is a sign of poor character to copy and paste from someone who did do all the work and then not source that info.

For example, your motor swap part was written by Sheepdog (original link), who is on several car forums, and we are very lucky to have him at SL-i despite him not even owning a legacy. He wrote the whole article himself as he has first hand experience on motor swaps. The information he presented was gathered through an impressive amount of time and effort on his part.

The suspension bushing part was written by Aussie Dan (original link)

Here's the links to your chassis codes, internet slang etc, via Wiscon Mark...

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=1749&sid=331c12911278a76549ac71a04dccaead

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=847&sid=331c12911278a76549ac71a04dccaead

http://sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?t=846&sid=331c12911278a76549ac71a04dccaead

Heck while we're at it, here's just about anything you might want to do to your legacy, written by the original authors (you might note my $50 paint job thread contains links to the original author, and was copy/pasted for archival on our servers).

SL-i DIY section

I'm sorry you think you deserve a copy and paste award. I'm more sorry you think taking credit for other's work is ok (even if you say you didn't, this right here proves it:

Dude..........Awesome!!!! Thanks for laying it down in a such a comprehensive way. Kudos.

We need more stuff like this and I agree with turntable, a sticky with reference threads would be great.

importtund, what we're kindof getting at would be that there would be one for this forum (older leggy performace) and another for the newer ones (maybe in the first Legacy forum).

There would then be a place to consolidate the beautiful work you have done here along with say wiring lists, CEL codes, etc.

If anything this deserves a sticky of its own at least. Again, EXCELLENT work!!!!

didn't exacly understand the way turntable put, :redface: but sounds good to me!

:soap_box: Allow me to step down now. :mad:

k lets not forget the reason this thread started and can we please leave the pissing match for the general forum?

03 BH

It's not a pissing match, we just want to share a little bit of the credit for the hard work we did to put these articles and DIYs together.

I have no problem with the people here on lgt.com getting that information, but it's a little annoying that http://www.sl-i.net doesn't get any credit when that's where a lot of the info was compiled and it's also a site hurting for new members.

I hope I am not hijacking this thread but here goes my question. Has anyone swapped a 2006 Legacy GT interior into a 1998 Legacy Outback? Anyone know if the dash and interior piece will swap without too much modification?

i would say its a good possibility, altho it will that tons of fabrication for the dash and door cards

03 BH

What I am really worried about is that the dash will not fit period. A little massaging is fine but, but cutting up the dash is not something I want to do. Has anyone does this swap or has anyone heard of anyone attempting this?

I have a question I saw earlier in the tread that WRX suspension will fit the BG wagon will it alos fit my car which is a BK

Your BK is the same as a BG. Only difference a BG has a raised roof and maybe more options. You need top hats, struts and springs to swap in. That's thr problem with info that's "borrowed" it's incomplete, you need to check the source.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys i have a 97 lgt and its been a bitch finding an intake for my car and i hear a impreza rs intake will fit my car so i have a question

wich is the better deal

the injen intake for the rs.....

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/injen-cold-air-intake-subaru-25rs-impreza-9899-p-531.html

or this "cosmo intake" lol

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=150&pid=1196

Suspension; BD/BK's can use any suspension made for a WRX. You need to change the tophats over to the legacy ones, and get suspension off a wrx sedan if you have a sedan or a wrx wagon if you have a wagon. BE/BH's are out of luck unfortunately.

What year WRX wagons do I need to look for - I need new struts all the way around and would like to tighten up the suspension a little (without lowering) (I have a 97 GT Wagon) - please advise and what are some good manufacturers that are decent yet budget friendly?? Thanks

hey guys i have a 97 lgt and its been a bitch finding an intake for my car and i hear a impreza rs intake will fit my car so i have a question

wich is the better deal

the injen intake for the rs.....

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/injen-cold-air-intake-subaru-25rs-impreza-9899-p-531.html

or this "cosmo intake" lol

http://www.cosmoracing.com/productinfo.asp?cid=150&pid=1196

I got a cosmo racing SRI and was surprised with the quality. For the price I was expecting some piece of shit with bad bends and welds, but the build quality is actually very good, the welds on mine all looked good and were smooth on the inside, which is the important part, the bends were all consistant and didn't "ripple" on the inside like you see sometimes. Came with all hoses needed for vaccum and stuff, and they were the right size.

I'd get that one if I were you, you save a lot and it's not a bad intake. Probably not as good as the Injen one, but I'd say the difference in quality doesn't warrant that much of a difference in price.

• 2 months later...
Suspension; BD/BK's can use any suspension made for a WRX. You need to change the tophats over to the legacy ones, and get suspension off a wrx sedan if you have a sedan or a wrx wagon if you have a wagon. BE/BH's are out of luck unfortunately.

What year WRX wagons do I need to look for - I need new struts all the way around and would like to tighten up the suspension a little (without lowering) (I have a 97 GT Wagon) - please advise and what are some good manufacturers that are decent yet budget friendly?? Thanks

KYB makes some good stuff, find em over on tirerack.

Also wanted to add a triva fact for those with BG N/A Legs. You can use the REAR sway from the turbo'ed leg, the FRONT will not fit due to the turbo model having a diff sub frame. Cusco, whiteline along with Cobb (used to) make swaybar kits for the turbo model. I'll vouch that the REAR fits in no problems on my car (Cusco 3 pos. adjutable)

Edited by jonklein611

• 1 month later...
2 things that would greatly help me with my current and future projects would be the wiring diagrams to JDM BD legacys and USDM BD legacys. I have a not so friendly USDM diagram, but if anyone were able to find the JDM diagrams I would be forever grateful.

• 1 month later...
i'm just wondering....for reasons that are unknown to me, i can't find any info on this...maybe i'm retarded. if that's the case, yeah, they have a name for it! can a eg33 from, say, a 1996 or 97 svx be transplanted into a 96 bd? not that i'm doing it, but, i might.....still on the fence about a lot of things with my ride. so many different avenues....what to do.....this quote keeps coming up when i think about turbo or not......btw, been in foggyland(which is no fun until you dump at least 75shot or higher) done with the 40 dollar bottle refill...back to the quote..."there is no replacement for displacement"-corky bell. what to do?

anything is technically possible. why exactly would you use the eg33? Even if theres one in your backyard, i wouldnt. id go get an ej series engine on the cheap (the market is saturated with usdm wrxs for instance) and make more power with more potential for less time and money
obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men