LegacyGT.com

Quotes???

BDII

Grace Hopper, not the author of Eragon.

That would be RADM Grace Murray Hopper, "mother" of the modern Navy's computer systems. The building I worked-in in San Diego was named after here. And the correct quote is: “It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.”

Another of her quotes that I've ingrained into myself is: “Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down. Respect for one's superiors; care for one's crew.” It will serve you well in whatever environment you find yourself.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

"Those gentlemen, who will be elected senators, will fix themselves in the federal town, and become citizens of that town more than of your state."

--George Mason, speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

453747.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"You may fool all the people some of the time; you can even fool some of the people all the time; but you can't fool all of the people all the time." - Abraham Lincoln (Bold and italics added for differentiation)

Some key distinctions in the actual quote. Subtle but important difference between 'You can' and 'You may' IME.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Only now joining this thread, and haven't read the previous 17 pages, so apologies if these are reposts. These are taken from my Facebook, and several of them are just quotes from friends that I found memorable.

"If we all held hands around the world... two thirds of us would drown."

"The thing is this, if you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars you have no interest in driving. And if you have no interest in something it means you are no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taking away."

-Jeremy Clarkson

"If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

"I don't understand why I have to go to school at all, the internet knows more than all the teachers there put together."

"My fortune said, 'you will have a party today.' So I did!"

- Christa

"I like dogs better because I can just relate to them better."

> As in?

"I'm not particularly graceful or badass or awesome... I'm just really happy all the time and want people to feed me."

- Michelle

"The salvation of all that is good is only this -- at times of great import, evil beings sometimes fall strangely blind."

S. King

--------

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance... it is the illusion of knowledge."

S. Hawking

For every complex problem there is an answer that is liberal, invasive and devoid of facts."KartRacerBoy"

For every comnplex problem there is BDII. In other words, nothing.

Now stop being such a f*cktard, BDII.

We agree, I think you're an asshat and you think the same of me. Now let's leave it to the merits. Stop being an asshat just to demonstrate what an asshat you are.

Can't we all just get along???

Edit: Holy fackballs that picture is bigger than I thought it was.

http://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14492/5582.120698-_2D00_-animated-rainbow_5F00_dash-sadface.gif

Edited by SBT

^ :lol::lol::lol: ROFL. Edited by SBT

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family