LegacyGT.com

Jacksonville Stick

tophsubie

Jacksonville natives, does anybody know of a big parking lot that I could learn to drive a manual on. My 05 LGT Wagon just arrived today and I am going to go out tomorrow or the next day and try it out. I live at the beaches and the only big lot I can think of out here is the Target at Marsh Landing (It is too busy though). I was hoping a native would know of a good semi-secluded lot where I can reduce the chances of running over little old ladies (Hopefully around the beaches). Anyways I can't wait to get out there and learn so I can wave at all the other Suby owners.

HI...I live in PVB...good work on the wagon...where did you get it?

Glad to hear another LGTer around....not a very big community here in Jax.

There is a parking lot in Neptune/atlantic beach...there was a Big lots there and now a Walmart is going in.

There should be enough space to get the feel of things. Also, you can try the Neptune beach Elemrntary schoo parking lot. Let me know if you need any help...feel free to PM me with anything you need.

TP

Rehab is for quitters.

Congrats & welcome.....

This may sound a little crazy but if I were you I would offer a buddy 200 bucks to use there car to learn. If you do not know anyone with a MT I'd suggest getting a beater to learn on you would be surprised how much "learning" will wear your clutch;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Thanks everyone... I took it out tonight and basically drove circles around jax beach. I think I stalled the car about 30 times. Quick question... getting started in first my most consistent problem would be that the car would just rattle and die. Should I rev the engine at all before releasing the clutch or do I need to have more experience and just work on my timing? For TPLGT I got the wagon off of cars.com from a guy in south dakota.

Keep up the good work....If I was you I would get someon to help you....it may make iot a little easier.

do not 'rev' the engine before realease the clutch but just barely give it some gas...you will feel the clutch engage. It will take a little getting used to. Let's try to hook up some time...I would like to see the car.

Rehab is for quitters.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. I like it. Once I get the title from the previous owner you might see it moved off of 2nd st. I love the car so far, just wish I was better at driving the manual. I saw a blue Legacy today on my way to work, first legacy other than mine that I have seen in Jax.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
find a movie theater in the morning, maybe tinseltown near Southside and JTB

He's had the car a long time now...saw him driving yesterday...not too many LGT wagons in Jax.

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived