LegacyGT.com

LGT with STI scoop, spotted in LA

FishingFiend

Heading 91 east around 3pm 3/17/07. Spotted a black sedan and tried to catch up in traffic. From the rear it's just has the legacy badging. As soon as I got in front, I saw the same scoop as in this picture. I'm pretty sure it's the same car.

Had a DLR plate. What do you think? Could it really be the future LGT STI? Passing by, the profile of the scoop was huge!

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/1429

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee93f16/cmd.233/embedded..ee93f1f

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee93f16/cmd.233/embedded..ee93f22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's a repost, but it looks like the same car. The fact is, I watched it in traffic today 5 months after the original post. I really can't say if someone copied it, but it looks just like the photos.

The guy driving looked a little older and not the ricer type. It just did not match up.

What you saw was the test mule for the H6 twin turbo Legacy STi that is coming out next year.

C'mon. Everyone here knows this.;)

Riiiiiiight. I guess I'm not "everyone". ;)

It would be nice to find out what's really in that thing.

I thought it was already decided that it was a test mule for the next WRX, since that's based on a Legacy chassis with shortened front and rear overhangs, hence the shorter, single exhaust.

Thats just a Cyber R hood Scoop

Japanparts.com

Or not? haha, who cares!!!!

Quick assumption, but it did not look like the Cyber R scoop. It was just like the one in the photos I referenced. Besides the blog link, if one of the big 3 (C&D, R&T, MT) along with a tuner mag took the time to print it (usually newsworthy) and I saw it on the streets, it may actually mean something? :spin: Or it may not? Regardless, it's real and it's out driving around, why?

As for the soap in the scoop or tmic, let it go... Not funny anymore.

I thought it was already decided that it was a test mule for the next WRX, since that's based on a Legacy chassis with shortened front and rear overhangs, hence the shorter, single exhaust.

I missed this one. New WRX testing in a LGT? I should have paid more attention to the exhaust. Does this imply the future LGT will be bigger if the wrx is moving upmarket?

proverbial "wolf is sheep's clothing". nothing to do with the future Legacy. like others have said, most likely a prototype new WRX/STI drivetrain & chassis being flogged under a Legacy body. since the next WRX/STI is based on a shortened Legacy platform it makes perfect sense.

if you see it again, shoot out a tire - force it to the side of the road and take a ton of pics under the hood and under the car. :p

I think I saw the same car here in Colorado on Thursday, March 15, 2007. It had California plates and was headed south on I-225. I saw him between Mississippi and Iliff exits. There was an asian guy driving and I think he was following a silver bugeye WRX.

proverbial "wolf is sheep's clothing". nothing to do with the future Legacy. like others have said, most likely a prototype new WRX/STI drivetrain & chassis being flogged under a Legacy body. since the next WRX/STI is based on a shortened Legacy platform it makes perfect sense.

if you see it again, shoot out a tire - force it to the side of the road and take a ton of pics under the hood and under the car. :p

hahaha, made my day :lol:

Quick assumption, but it did not look like the Cyber R scoop. It was just like the one in the photos I referenced. Besides the blog link, if one of the big 3 (C&D, R&T, MT) along with a tuner mag took the time to print it (usually newsworthy) and I saw it on the streets, it may actually mean something? :spin: Or it may not? Regardless, it's real and it's out driving around, why?

As for the soap in the scoop or tmic, let it go... Not funny anymore.

i understand your excitement/interest, it's neat concept that a poss test mule is driving around for real world testing, but most test mules are kept hidden and out of the public eye. giving the general public the slip is usually no problemo, but they also have to able to keep the auto news media at bay and corporate spies from breaking any headlines and or stealing new ideas/tech.

and i love the soap;)

i understand your excitement/interest, it's neat concept that a poss test mule is driving around for real world testing, but most test mules are kept hidden and out of the public eye. giving the general public the slip is usually no problemo, but they also have to able to keep the auto news media at bay and corporate spies from breaking any headlines and or stealing new ideas/tech.

and i love the soap;)

Subaru can't even get buyers to notice its ideas. Other manufacturers aren't (okay, except Saab) copying Subaru.

Archived