LegacyGT.com

Rear differential

LegacyGTSC

So all of the spider gears in the rear diff. and the carrier bearing all broke.....has anyone else had this same problem or heard of anyone that has? I'm at a complete loss for a solution other than the $1800 replacement rear diff.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH ever since i did anything to this damn car i've had nothing but problems!!!!!!!

Things sometimes break.

Any non STi Subaru rear differential will bolt in and they can be found for not too much money. The are known as R160's. Make CERTAIN that is has the same gearing as your car - it has to match the center differential. Your 2005 Legacy GT manual transmission should have a 4.11, the same as automatic WRXs.

• 4 weeks later...
SO I'm babysitting my mechanics 3 year old little girl, Julia, so he can finish putting the rear diff. in my car. I'm incredibly excited!!! I can't wait; I'm actually going kinda crazy sitting here waiting but OH well. It's the price that you have to pay right...well $875 and 2 months is the price I had to pay. LoL. Everybody take care...I don't know if anyone cares but screw it.

i did the same thing to my 4eat wrx. launched @4000rpm with slicks. gearing started pouring out with the rear diff fliud when mechanic started draining. luckily my friend owns a subaru dealership

Archived