LegacyGT.com

STi short throw shifter for 07 Spec.B 6MT

ERLoft

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O7 SpecB require the 6spd STI STS, rather than the 5 Spd. The 6spd unit was just recently released.

I should get the unit this week. I already have the KartBoy bushings, and will be installing both later in the week.

Update: Had mine installed Friday. Also installed Kartboy bushings at the same time.

My opinion is that it is not that much shorter than stock SpecB. I would suggest that you try bushing before spending this much on the kit. Luckily for me, most of this was covered with Subaru Bucks.

The bushings that come with the kit are soft rubber. The shifter looks exactly like the one it replaces!! After the install, the gears are very distinct when shifting.

The is also a bit of gear noise transmitted, according the the subaru service tech. I barely notice the additional noise (mostly 2nd gear)..with the radio off, you can sorta hear it. Not as bad as my 2004 STi. Guess it is what you are used to.

If I were to do this again, I would invest in bushings first, and replace the soft stock stuff. The rear mount from Kartboy is definitely firmer!! Keep in mind, the car may sound a bit different. I think the shifter kit its self was a waste of time and money. ($350 - 390 + install).

The bushings were well worth the price.

• 4 weeks later...

:needpics:

Come on guys... let's see em.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 8 months later...
I just had my kartboy 6MT STS and bushings installed at a local shop today. OMG it took well over 4 hrs in labor. Installed the shifter took well over an hour and a half alone, but installing the bushings and tranny mount on the underside invovled dissassembling half the structures underneath including downpipe, heat shield and crossmemeber. Holy crap, this was a shop with experienced techs and professional tools. I can't imagine a group of ppl trying to do this at home in their own garage without taking forever.

The shifter iitself in 45 minutes is no problem. What takes longer is if you are also doing both the front and rear bushings like edkwon had done. On a car with an aftermarket downpipe (like Ed's) that means the DP has to come off, the heat shield above it has to come off and that all adds up time wise. Plus, we also found that the rear bushing from Kartboy has the bolt holes not exactly spaced correctly. That made threading in the bolts a PITA. You can't get them lined up right without some tugging and even then the tension makes it feel like you are cross threading the bolts. We try not to do that on customers' cars ;)

Sorry about how long it took today Ed. The tech who worked on your car is not our fastest guy. I probably could have done it quite a bit quicker. I hope we didn't hold you up too much. Liking the shifter so far?

Shifter is great, thanks. Now i know why they put the softer bushings stock, its to reduce the intrusive transmission noise. 2nd gear i noticed has its own unique whine :lol: But seriously, coupled with the tune, having a sharper shifter is what i needed. btw my post wasnt a criticism of your shop guy working, i had all day to kill so i didn't mind, but i was just surprised how much work needed to be done to install those damn bushings.

Plus, we also found that the rear bushing from Kartboy has the bolt holes not exactly spaced correctly. That made threading in the bolts a PITA. You can't get them lined up right without some tugging and even then the tension makes it feel like you are cross threading the bolts.

effin' ditto! :mad:

I'm loving my KB STS and the entire bushing swap I did last summer/fall. Soooooo much better.

yes, thank you Edkwon, for verifying that 2nd gear has a REALLY unique whine to it.

I'm not sure how long it took me (longer than I wanted with that stupid bolt alignment issue with the rear bush) but I ended up making my own punch for the spring pin for the reverse pull. That was kind of a pain to do by one's self...but other than that...nothing too too difficult.

Well, except for that linkage bolt you need to undo to do ALL the linkage bushings and get the shifter assembly out...now that was a PITA!!

But, now that it's all said and done....I'm lovin' it!

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

At first that 2nd gear whine was starting to irritate me like Fran Drescher's laughing, but now ive gotten used to it and barely notice it any more.

:lol:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Where are all you guys at? We did a run specially for you and only sold a few :( makes Kartboy sad.....

:mad: WTF!!! Tom stepped up and no one is biting!??!!

I thank you Tom....another stellar piece of art of which I'm saddened that I had to put a leather boot over!

Solid, solid, solid. This piece rocks! No regrets and somedays I forget I put this piece in....it feels like it should have come this way originally.

Come on 07-08 specB owners....support the good Kartboy!

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Does anyon know if the subaru made 07 spec b sts is still available and from where. PN C1010AG100.

There is no longer a link for it from subaru...http://www.subaru.com/subaru-performance-tuning/performance-parts.html

Thanks

Just to update the information in this older thread......

The 6 speed spec B STS from the STI performance Catalog has been superseded:

Old Part Number C1010AG100

New Part Number C1010AG101

Part Name SHORT THRW SFT L 6ML

MSRP $395.00

Core $0.00

Online Price $370.31

Archived