LegacyGT.com

Headlights + other styling options

Which would you prefer?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• The U.S. -spec headlights.
    • B4/non-U.S. -spec headlights.

I've seen the U.S. (<--Is this a place where I should use "USDM"?) '05 Legacy/Outback headlights in person, and they aren't bad. However, I like the headlights seen on the other cars, without the orange tint on the corners..... Is there a way to get the non-US spec headlights? Any other news on the body styling options i.e. B4 etc......? [also, are the North American '05 headlights smaller than the '04 international ones?]

Just checked out the Legacy GT Turbo in person at the Lehigh Valley Auto Show in PA, on close examination, it looked it like it was assembled indentically to the Impreza/WRX setup which means the losing the FUUUUUGLY amber portions with the simple bake method... that can be found on various forums on the internet

[quote name='3.75L H6']3.0R Spec B @ Geneva: [img]http://www.motortrend.com/motor/autoshows/coverage/112_04_gen_subaru_leg30rz.jpg[/img] Legacy GT: [img]http://www.subaru.net/models/2005/legacy/press/images/84CS4341_H.jpg[/img][/quote] oh yeah....i just realized that! the USDM headlights are smaller....and the middle part is also different. :o also the USDM bumper sucks. maybe i won't get a legacy after all....lol i should wait for the redesigned 2006 wrx to come out. :D

[quote name='Gumby'][quote name='team23jordan']dumbest post ever no one likes USDM bumpers and headlights[/quote] That's a little harsh T23, dude is new to the board, peace.[/quote] I agree. Let's not have this place turn into another NASIOC.

I think a number of us are very edgy being this close to release. I don't know about everyone else but I sure am. Sleep deprived, food deprived. I vegetate around the boards prior to big info releases. :| :o :? Nobody at school wonders why I check the boards every 15min. Oh, where's the love! :x (Returns to padded room.)

If you're willing to do my homework, fill my brain with everything learned when I return, and pay for the entire trip, sure! How about a trip to Cobb in SLC at the end of May, that will help ease the pain. :D Maybe Trey will let me drive their shop Leg. :D I'm one of 2 Legacy fanatics going thus far.

From those two pictures, from different angles and distances, you can't tell anything. Sorry. We do all need to chill. Personally, I LIKE the USDM bumpers, as they make the car look longer and more arrow-like. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be bothered by the DOT orange markers in the turn signals. To say that I don't care would be giving those things more import than they deserve. But that's just me... :lol: Kevin

I edited a double-post. There was no pic. Trying to keep things clean for everyone. Double-posting can lead to needless bandwidth and is just extra stuff to read through. With this site being hosted for free, saving as much bandwidth as we can is a good thing. BTW, you may want to download and add the pic to the site. On the XP machines here at school I can only get to see the pic if I open in another window by copy and paste first. Some sites don't allow linking.

[quote name='SUBE555']I'll probably do the bake headlight mod and it should look just nice and fine. I don't see any issues with the rest of it.[/quote] What is the bake headlight mod? (also I would go for the 3.0R spec B bumper too....)

There is a tried and true method on this. Basically what it does it remove the adhesion of the glue which holds the orange lense in there IIRC. Get all the details before you try it though first. i'm not in any way, shape, or form responsable if people don't do their homework and destroy their headlamps.

[quote name='3.75L H6'][quote name='team23jordan']dumbest post ever no one likes USDM bumpers and headlights[/quote] I kinda like how they did it, but I think I would like the non USDM lights better, that's all, sorry. :( :oops:[/quote] oh my bad man i apologize if i offend you but i was just saying that majority of people like JDM style more than USDM style

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Archived