LegacyGT.com

How to Align your headlights! if you don't know now you do.

MiniStiGuy

Hi guys,

I just got and installed my new kit.... but I really feel like I'm blinding people. I read through the 10 pages and tried adjusting but didn't seem like it moved it at all.

I bought : http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20023.html

Question is: Turning the horizontal screw which way does what? is left up or down? Thanks

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Just tried to align my headlights horizontaly and it seemed to just make the headlight go up, i cant really tell that. my pass side headlight is alright but the driver side headlight points way to the left and down. so i tried the horizontal and it didnt do anything. I'm fed up with this subaru crap. My hondas lights just seemed to always be aligned grrrrrr.........

Another thing the driver side headlight flickers. then will stop then flickers for a long time then stops. wtf

Edited by bdickey058
forgot

• 3 weeks later...
Just tried to align my headlights horizontaly and it seemed to just make the headlight go up, i cant really tell that. my pass side headlight is alright but the driver side headlight points way to the left and down. so i tried the horizontal and it didnt do anything. I'm fed up with this subaru crap. My hondas lights just seemed to always be aligned grrrrrr.........

Another thing the driver side headlight flickers. then will stop then flickers for a long time then stops. wtf

flickering? maybe the bulb isn't installed properly, which would explain why the alignment is way off.

• 4 weeks later...

Subietonic is being a lazy bum and not installing his kit yet so I don't have him to compare to but if I can find some time and a place to do comparo's with someone stock I'll get it done.

I have some 55w ballast that I'm going to be putting in when I redo some stuff on my retro (clear lens, custom shielding) so I'll put those up when I find the clear lens that I want for sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
note: aiming yellow foglights is extremely difficult because yellow appears to disperse/scatter a lot. i have H3 Gold's from Daniel Stern (candlepowerinc.com). i can't even see where the top edge of the foglight beam is. (yes, i did cover my headlights)

Aiming the fog lights on these cars is sort of notoriously mediocre at best, anyway. What control you do have is very limited, plus the light is not super focused by the lens to begin with. It is more of a flood pattern then a focused spot.

If I recall correctly, there wasn't a sharp cutoff. I replaced mine with HID's, which are so bright and unfocused I only use them as driving lights when there's no on-coming traffic. I did adjust them as best I could, though, with the one adjustment screw accessible through the front if you pop out the fog light faring/housing piece.

So I'm running Osram H7 65W bulbs from Daniel Stern... don't think it's been a problem yet.

The other day, I was trying to aim my foglights. The headlights were overpowering the fogs, so I threw a microfiber cloth over the headlamps.

BIG MISTAKE.

The right headlamp housing is now distorted a bit... there's a bulge, where the inside of the plastic clearly melted. Now I need to find a new one.

The left one didn't do it, but I can see where if I had left it covered with the cloth any longer, it would've heated up enough. It wasn't even that warm in my garage that night... maybe 70 or so since the car warmed it up.

Anyone else melt their housings? This makes me wonder if I should switch back to normal 55W bulbs. These things are really, really bright though... :(

Also, anyone know the part number I need? Am I going to have to replace the entire damn thing? It'd be a shame since the projector assembly is still fine. It's just the front-most outer plastic.

edit: I've been searching, and I see some places selling these for about $200-300... some of them appear to be aftermarket 3rd party assemblies. Are their projectors as good as the OEM ones that are currently on my car?

^-- from my thread. this sucks. wonder if that would've happened with 55W bulbs.